2024 UPDATE!! Altman: prepare for AI to be "uncomfortable" 33% US jobs gone..SKYNET, AI medical advances? BASIC INCOME? 1st AI MOVIE! AI MAYOR!!

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
It wasn't just the stimulus checks it was also unemployment paying out more money than people made working. Our society requires a working class to function properly. You start giving money to the lower middle class and working poor in quantities where they don't have to work and apparently they'll stop working. If there's nobody to replace them that's a problem.
How about we just pay them more from the get go?:ohhh:

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

Sounds pretty meh to me

:mjlol:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
most people don't do shyt at work anyways if we're being honest.

I'd venture people spend a large part of the day socializing and mending "relationships".

I think that's pretty true. I assume it's why 4-day work week pilots showed pretty much no drop in productivity, but positive outcomes in health and happiness for the workers (for clarity: I mean studies that reduced weekly hours, not condensing the same amount of hours to 4 days instead of 5).

But I look at that list and some of the listings are beyond my ability to know if AI can replicate the work (coding for example) and then other listings don't seem like they'd work to me (data analysis could work to a point, but there's a contextualization process that would exclude a pure number-crunching approach). Add in the whole "relationship-building" part, where developing contacts and paths to quick solutions for problems or needs; and I'm not outright calling BS. But I'm a bit skeptical about the chance to exaggerate this whole thing.

To put it another way, I remember Andrew Yang's whole campaign building out of the threat of automation. But a lot of his concerns don't seem to have really come to fruition (at least they haven't shown up in mass unemployment and stuff like that). I feel like tech bros hype up certain products when it's half-true and half-stock pumping hype from the developers. I'm not sure if this new AI hype is more of that yet, but it feels like deja-vu.