2024 UPDATE!! Altman: prepare for AI to be "uncomfortable" 33% US jobs gone..SKYNET, AI medical advances? BASIC INCOME? 1st AI MOVIE! AI MAYOR!!

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
20% capacity does not solve it. I think and I understand why but I I think people are having hard time accepting we are approaching this generation great depression

it doesn’t. But we gotta try to help in some way.

shyt idk how to fix this, but the longer we’re quarantined the more ppl who will lose their jobs

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
we gotta figure out a way to get ppl back to work. Let restaurants a have 20% capacity, idk something.

We’re one week away from surpassing the highest unemployment rate during the Great Depression 24.9%

It won't matter if all those people are furloughed, unemployment is temporary, and they're getting an extra $600 on their unemployment.

Now let people getting fired permanently, economy actually contract, and regular unemployment (assuming they get it) and you'll see things change in a real way.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It won't matter if all those people are furloughed, unemployment is temporary, and they're getting an extra $600 on their unemployment.

Now let people getting fired permanently, economy actually contract, and regular unemployment (assuming they get it) and you'll see things change in a real way.

Companies did the furlough just for pr reasons. Less than 50% of ppl who get furloughed get their jobs back

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Which will really sucks for my generation. How you have earning, savings, investing potential, and career progression/opportunities massively wiped out in both your 20’s and 30’s in two “once in a lifetime” economic collapses...like when the fukk are people supposed get in position to buy homes, pay off debt, or save for retirement - 50?
I was just thinking about this today. It’s hard to get ahead:francis:Add in the fact they’re saying that 40k now is not worth 40k I’m previous generations

I got a cousin who graduated from college in 2008-2009. Second generation college grad. Now this. It’s sad when you think about it

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we gotta figure out a way to get ppl back to work. Let restaurants a have 20% capacity, idk something.

We’re one week away from surpassing the highest unemployment rate during the Great Depression 24.9%

There's going to be high unemployment regardless at this point. Opening up and maintaining social distancing/sanitizing measures just means that non-essential businesses will be operating at a way lower capacity, added considering how long people are spooked, which is bad for businesses that depend on that model to profit.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ppl are overestimating extent to which “opening up” the economy will help.

People are still going to be very stingy/frugal with their money just out of paranoia.

Many businesses are fukked for good. Even if they opened up theyre months behind with lease payments, vendors, taxes etc.

Any recovery is going to look like a very stretched out “W”