☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I've wanted him gone ever since it was clear he didn't have the mental capacity to explain to the public that record inflation during 21-24 wasn't his fault, and instead falls in the hands of trumps republican parties spending. Every since then I knew the average American would blame him and him only. You can check my post shytting on Biden about how him pointing out underemployment job numbers were a good thing when in reality it doesn't benefit everyday citizens lives. Before 22 i was pro Biden, but then I saw the issues he began having with reaching through to struggling everyday citizens, he's out of touch and have lost control of his own base and pr. Not following through with student loans was an additional death sentence, it's why the youth voted for him. He lost the pr war years ago, only delusional people are now seeing it. You can say he's one of the most progressive president's, but at the same time he has been largely ineffective and a lame duck president to many constitutes throughout the last 2 years. I fully credit him for things like capping insulin, but once again pr messaging with the democrats doesn't allow citizens to realize he should be credited for it.
Joe Biden is the best president of my lifetime.

And it’s not enough for 2024 and beyond.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I've wanted him gone ever since it was clear he didn't have the mental capacity to explain to the public that record inflation during 21-24 wasn't his fault, and instead falls in the hands of trumps republican parties spending. Every since then I knew the average American would blame him and him only. You can check my post shytting on Biden about how him pointing out underemployment job numbers were a good thing when in reality it doesn't benefit everyday citizens lives. Before 22 i was pro Biden, but then I saw the issues he began having with reaching through to struggling everyday citizens, he's out of touch and have lost control of his own base and pr. Not following through with student loans was an additional death sentence, it's why the youth voted for him. He lost the pr war years ago, only delusional people are now seeing it. You can say he's one of the most progressive president's, but at the same time he has been largely ineffective and a lame duck president to many constitutes throughout the last 2 years. I fully credit him for things like capping insulin, but once again pr messaging with the democrats doesn't allow citizens to realize he should be credited for it.
This is nonsense. Biden has done more for student loans than any other president ever

“Underemployment” as you call it is why inflation surged

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
How come there is a two-term limit for presidents but not any term limits for supreme court members? Would someone knowledgeable in political history tell me the reason for this. I don't get it.

Supposedly it's so Supreme Court justices can be non-partisan and "above" politics. The idea is that if they don't have to worry about what they'll do after their term ends they can be independent and not as susceptible to corruption as politicians.

:francis:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Sharpton Says He Told Biden That Staying in Race Could Imperil His Legacy
The message of the call, which Rev. Al Sharpton said took place on Monday, represents a break from the solid core of support influential Black leaders have shown toward President Biden.

July 18, 2024, 4:02 p.m. ET
The Rev. Al Sharpton said Thursday that he had told President Biden it was time for “a serious calculation” of his standing in the presidential campaign and that remaining in the race could imperil much of Mr. Biden’s legacy as president.

“I said that whatever he does, I’ll always respect what we’ve done together,” Mr. Sharpton said in a phone interview. “I was not one to push him out of the race, but he needs to take a serious calculation of where we’re at because I’m afraid all of the things we fought for because voting rights and affirmative action is at risk.”

The message of the call, which Mr. Sharpton said took place on Monday, represents a significant break from what has been a solid core of support from influential Black leaders for Mr. Biden to continue his campaign.

So far, no Black members of Congress have joined the calls for Mr. Biden to quit his campaign in the wake of his calamitous debate performance last month. Many of them have issued strong statements of support. Black voters propelled Mr. Biden to victory in the 2020 Democratic primary.

Mr. Sharpton said Mr. Biden told him on the call that he planned to remain in the race.

“He called me to let me know that he was hanging in the race no matter what I heard,” Mr. Sharpton said. “He said, ‘If anything changes, I’ll reach out.’”

Mr. Sharpton said he told Mr. Biden to “not be emotional” about staying in the race. He said he urged Mr. Biden to consult polling data and warned him against dismissing signs that suggest he should not continue running.

The president, Mr. Sharpton said, seemed to need someone to talk to about his predicament.

“I got the feeling that he was trying to say to me that he is still running as much as he was telling himself to stay in the race,” Mr. Sharpton said. “He did not want me to join the chorus of people asking him to step aside.”

Mr. Sharpton said Mr. Biden was “shook up” about reports that Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, the former House speaker, was maneuvering to put pressure on the president to quit the race. Mr. Sharpton said he did not explicitly urge Mr. Biden to quit the race but warned him of the consequences of remaining in.

“He could walk away with one of the greatest legacies in American history from some of the things he’s done and I don’t think that ought to be marred in any way,” Mr. Sharpton said. “He must make sure he doesn’t mar it in any way by risking it and being emotional and doing something that leads to a defeat.”