WHO WINS?

• Total voters

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Given that the most consistent political movement in this country had been a collective of folks voting against Trump (successfully) in the last three elections, I'm not gonna go crazy over any of this. Obama had slightly better numbers than Biden in 2011, before murking Bin Laden. Did Obama have far more strong support than Biden though? Sure. People would have taken 50 lashes to vote for Obama that year, whereas I'm not sure anyone outside of the MSNBC boomer generation is excited about voting for Biden.

But we're a year out, lot of shyt will change. Trump has largely been out of the spotlight during this primary run. Once he pops his head up more he's gonna remind people of why they'd never vote for him again.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

But the Biden administration would be wrong to adopt a steady-as-you-go strategy and hope for the best. Instead, it should take the offensive on the three social issues—drugs, crime and immigration—that have eroded the president’s support among swing voters.

And the president should focus on major sources of price increases for average families. He should ask: Why do home builders produce so few entry-level houses for young families? Why have auto makers discontinued so many lower-priced models in favor of cars that only the upper middle class and wealthy can afford? Why does processed food remain so expensive, long after supply-chain problems have been resolved? He could use an overpriced box of cereal as a campaign prop.

Mr. Biden won’t get younger between now and next November, but he can act younger with a more visible and vigorous campaign focused on the issues that most Americans confront in their daily lives.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Dems been over performing since the scotus overturned Roe…

Each small election, even if the Republicans win, if the Democrat is getting more support than usual, needs to signal red flags. I am sure Republicans will raise the alarm but the upperheads will dismiss it as Republicans coming out in droves on Election Day.

Until suddenly they are the victim of their own party purging them from voters rolls and not having the correct identification because of new rules.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Today is Election Day for some states. If Democrats overperform in their elections, then that's all you need to know.

We're prob a few hours away from learning democrats won a large victory on abortion in Ohio, dems win state house(s) in Virginia, and a democrat governor in Kentucky got re-elected. Yet it won't have any impact on the talking points being hurled out.

I saw a vid of young people lined up all over Ohio voting. Yet I'm supposed to believe Biden is on his death bed because of Israel fukkery?

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
We're prob a few hours away from learning democrats won a large victory on abortion in Ohio, dems win state house(s) in Virginia, and a democrat governor in Kentucky got re-elected. Yet it won't have any impact on the talking points being hurled out.

I saw a vid of young people lined up all over Ohio voting. Yet I'm supposed to believe Biden is on his death bed because of Israel fukkery?

It's the Musk Bubble. Left-leaning folks have jumped ship to Mastodon, Threads, and Bluesky.

Twitter is all Doom/Gloom and Hatespeech, yet Gen Z is cranking out the numbers each election... not just the general.

It's why you cannot take Polls at face value, but rather these small elections... The more Democrats are outperforming than the Republicans shows who is more enthusiastic. Because one of the BIGGEST values in Early Voting, is that Democrats don't need to focus spending on GOTV on Election Day, they can mix that in and rain hellfire on the GOP with attack ads.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It's the Musk Bubble. Left-leaning folks have jumped ship to Mastodon, Threads, and Bluesky.

Twitter is all Doom/Gloom and Hatespeech, yet Gen Z is cranking out the numbers each election... not just the general.

It's why you cannot take Polls at face value, but rather these small elections... The more Democrats are outperforming than the Republicans shows who is more enthusiastic. Because one of the BIGGEST values in Early Voting, is that Democrats don't need to focus spending on GOTV on Election Day, they can mix that in and rain hellfire on the GOP with attack ads.

Never thought about the Twitter point but that's interesting and makes sense. It reminds me of the leadup to the midterms last year where all these people were convinced dems would be annihilated, only to face reality that Trump remains unpopular and people are very concerned about democracy and abortion rights.