• Total voters

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I'm confused by North Carolina being even for the Presidential race and such a blowout for the Governor race.

In 2020, Cooper won by 4 percentage points and Trump won by 1.5 percentage points (more people actually voted for Cooper BTW). No idea how many Cooper/Trump voters there were but Trump won by nearly 75k votes.

I understand people splitting their votes, but using 2020 numbers as a base point, I find it hard to believe that of the 5.4 million people in North Carolina that voted, over 650k people (more than the entire population of both Vermont and Wyoming) would be split ticket voters. The math isn't mathing.

My conspiracy theory is whatever pollsters are doing to correct for the "Trump effect", they aren't doing for Senate candidates. Sam Brown is not a great candidate but he's not Kari Lake or Mark Robinson yet he is doing just as badly as someone who was replacement level in 2018.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My conspiracy theory is whatever pollsters are doing to correct for the "Trump effect", they aren't doing for Senate candidates. Sam Brown is not a great candidate but he's not Kari Lake or Mark Robinson yet he is doing just as badly as someone who was replacement level in 2018.
Sam Brown looks like a grotesque freak :yeshrug: his heroism might land him a high paying desk job somewhere; but not in politics