WHO WINS?

• Total voters

taker597

Superstar
Daps

I really wish a Disinformation Act was possible for News and Politicians. We got into this mess, because people in political positions and news channel can lie without any repercussion and be rewarded.

If you watch Three Body Problems is a great allegory to this issue and how it can lead to a destruction of our society.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I really wish a Disinformation Act was possible for News and Politicians. We got into this mess, because people in political positions and news channel can lie without any repercussion and be rewarded.

If you watch Three Body Problems is a great allegory to this issue and how it can lead to a destruction of our society.

Fox should be forced to remove "news" from their name.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There's going to be close polls. The tabs seem off on a lot of them but even so there's going to be close polls as we inch towards Election Day. We talked about this a week or two ago.

Also... like it or not... it's a close race. I'd love to see Kamala blow Trump out but I don't think we are anywhere close to that being a reality right now.

Kamala and her whole campaign been telling y'all.. there's work to do and they are out there doing everything they can. Don't let these polls bother you.
This.

If we like the message, then we'll accept anyone who says it.. That's why ppl are reposting political tweets from a tech entrepreneur like Chris Bouzy (and posters here take his perspective and shout "It's going to be a landslide Kamala victory")

On the other hand, current pollsters working for Kamala and election vets like Nate Silver point out that the race is tightening and they get ignored/ridiculed. This is exactly how 2016 happened.. the polls weren't wrong, they were ignored when the race tightened.

I realize that we (myself included) are getting a steady diet of pro-Kamala, anti-Trump content in this thread and based on who we follow. This is also how most of us got blindsided by Biden's debate performance until it was on front street. I saw cliff notes on Theo Vonn interviewing Trump and it was not nearly as boisterous or cantankerous as the clips we typically see of Trump, and that is the content more likely to reach uninformed voters rather than the DNC or CNN. That is why Trump doing a world tour on all the podcasts that disaffected men listen to (Adin Ross, Elon Musk, etc) is going to be a problem if they turn from unlikely voters -> likely voters.

I'm not of the camp that thinks that Kamala should've offered an olive branch to RFK Jr, but I do realize that there's a large swath of the population that don't feel like we do, and ignoring them isn't going to increase our odds of winning

taker597

Superstar
Daps
This.

If we like the message, then we'll accept anyone who says it.. That's why ppl are reposting political tweets from a tech entrepreneur like Chris Bouzy (and posters here take his perspective and shout "It's going to be a landslide Kamala victory")

On the other hand, current pollsters working for Kamala and election vets like Nate Silver point out that the race is tightening and they get ignored/ridiculed. This is exactly how 2016 happened.. the polls weren't wrong, they were ignored when the race tightened.

I realize that we (myself included) are getting a steady diet of pro-Kamala, anti-Trump content in this thread and based on who we follow. This is also how most of us got blindsided by Biden's debate performance until it was on front street. I saw cliff notes on Theo Vonn interviewing Trump and it was not nearly as boisterous or cantankerous as the clips we typically see of Trump, and that is the content more likely to reach uninformed voters rather than the DNC or CNN. That is why Trump doing a world tour on all the podcasts that disaffected men listen to (Adin Ross, Elon Musk, etc) is going to be a problem if they turn from unlikely voters -> likely voters.

I'm not of the camp that thinks that Kamala should've offered an olive branch to RFK Jr, but I do realize that there's a large swath of the population that don't feel like we do, and ignoring them isn't going to increase our odds of winning
Eh... This isn't 2016. Harris has a historic coalition with a united Democratic Party with a ton of energy and youth. Harris is campaigning like crazy unlike Hilary.

The only thing is against her is the 100 day campaign and having to climb out of the hole Biden digged for her.

It's gonna be a close race, but it draws no parallel to 2016.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Eh... This isn't 2016. Harris has a historic coalition with a united Democratic Party with a ton of energy and youth. Harris is campaigning like crazy unlike Hilary.

The only thing is against her is the 100 day campaign and having to climb out of the hole Biden digged for her.

It's gonna be a close race, but it draws no parallel to 2016.
I didn't compare Hillary to Kamala. I compared democrats burying their head in the sand when they didn't like the polls in 2016 and how it is happening again in this thread.

My point is that we can be pro-Kamala and pro-democracy w/o attacking any datapoints that suggest that the race is tight/tightening.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I didn't compare Hillary to Kamala. I compared democrats burying their head in the sand when they didn't like the polls in 2016 and how it is happening again in this thread.
The polls aren't going to be great, but they flipped it in 4 weeks.

Polls are fun and all for good vibes, but the voting population of 180 million is gigantic square peg in a round hole of you feel they are gonna translate perfectly or at all.

Harris is doing everything she can to win with almost half a million volunteers and insane voter registration percentages. Hilary sat on her hands to finish her campaign and didn't campaign in battleground states.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

My point is that we can be pro-Kamala and pro-democracy w/o attacking any datapoints that suggest that the race is tight/tightening.
Many of us, including myself were looking at the polls with curiosity. All of the other candidates aren't Trump. That's the equalizer. Thankfully Kamala is running an intelligent, proactive campaign.