WHO WINS?

• Total voters

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
1. If you're talking open convention, you are damn right that "I didn't like it" it would have been a complete disaster. Handing over the keys to Kamala Harris was something I was unsure about because if you recall, there was infighting going on. There were people like Obama and Pelosi trying to dig their claws into the decision making.
That's fine, an open convention was never my first choice either, but to pretend like it wasn't an explicit and viable plan to replace the head of the ticket is wrong.

2. You were one of the people advocating for an open convention. Even if you did advocate for a Kamala coronation, it doesn't mean much when you were also advocating for something that would have been a disaster.
You know I was not one of the people advocating for an open convention because you actually got mad at me for calling for a Kamala coronation. The most I ever said about an open convention was that it wasn't viable because of the fundraising issue that limited the existing war chest to someone on the Biden-Harris ticket. I was always for a Kamala coronation. This is from July 21st:

KrKYFL2.png

Coronation is an accurate term, not a disparagement. It should be a Kamala coronation, she is the best positioned, most credible and most practical choice. No meaningful option is going to choose to participate in an open primary and it would just be messy. Looks like she's already been consolidating support behind the scenes, which is a good sign. The vast majority of conventions are coronations, it makes for a cleaner, more unified spectacle.

You want to receive credit for throwing out a bunch of ideas that wouldn't/couldn't work and one that can work? Whatever breh :pachaha:
I don't really care about credit for something that seemed super obvious to me, I just don't want to see people making stuff up about what happened.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't really care about credit for something that seemed super obvious to me, I just don't want to see people making stuff up about what happened.

But you are making stuff up... I outlined it in my first post on this topic. Maybe others felt differently but my position was never "Biden or bust" I was always open to ideas or a plan if they had one....

You're misremembering a lot of things such as other Dems not wanting a Kamala coronation and wanting an open convention and/or picking THEIR guy.....

Instead of running around saying "everyone was hellbent on Biden.." the actual truth is people wanted to see a plan that was viable.

King Kreole

Daps
But you are making stuff up... I outlined it in my first post on this topic. Maybe others felt differently but my position was never "Biden or bust" I was always open to ideas or a plan if they had one....

You're misremembering a lot of things such as other Dems not wanting a Kamala coronation and wanting an open convention and/or picking THEIR guy.....

Instead of running around saying "everyone was hellbent on Biden.." the actual truth is people wanted to see a plan that was viable.
I've never said you were a "Biden or Bust" poster, I said you were a "the anti-Biden people have no plans" poster. And of course there were anti-Biden people who wanted an open-primary, like @the cac mamba.

But the fact of the matter is that there was definitely a contingent of pro-Biden posters who were very active in perpetuating this notion that there was no viable plan to replace him, which as I said at the time was completely false. And when confronted by the multiple different plans, they all acted like the only one was a chaotic open-primary on the floor of the convention because that was the one that allowed them to maintain their preconceived position and not admit they were wrong. There was not a lot of honesty or good-faith arguments coming from those posters. I just went back to that time period in the thread to dig up posts and it's there to see, plain as day. I wouldn't even be making a big point of this if many of these posters who were absolutely dead wrong about Biden and the fundamentals of this election weren't now yet again getting out over their skis and talking down on the posters who were absolutely right about Kamala.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never said you were a "Biden or Bust" poster, I said you were a "the anti-Biden people have no plans" poster. And of course there were anti-Biden people who wanted an open-primary, like @the cac mamba.

But the fact of the matter is that there was definitely a contingent of pro-Biden posters who were very active in perpetuating this notion that there was no viable plan to replace him, which as I said at the time was completely false. And when confronted by the multiple different plans, they all acted like the only one was a chaotic open-primary on the floor of the convention because that was the one that allowed them to maintain their preconceived position and not admit they were wrong. There was not a lot of honesty or good-faith arguments coming from those posters. I just went back to that time period in the thread to dig up posts and it's there to see, plain as day.
whichever candidate the Dems named, rather than let the people vote on, was ultimately gonna get roughly the same amount of enthusiasm and excitement :yeshrug: it was simply a matter of replacing biden with a new, young candidate, in a country that's dying to move past biden and trump

it happened, and here we are. kamala or bust

King Kreole

Daps
whichever candidate the Dems named, rather than let the people vote on, was ultimately gonna get roughly the same amount of enthusiasm and excitement :yeshrug: it was simply a matter of replacing biden with a new, young candidate, in a country that's dying to move past biden and trump

it happened, and here we are. kamala or bust
Another candidate may have been able to also win the election, but Kamala was the only candidate who could completely unify the Democratic party and generate this type of excitement. Her being passed over was never, ever going to fly. But we've litigated and relitigated this point to death by now, I reckon.