WHO WINS?

• Total voters

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
bytch nikka you wrote all that and downplayed two key parts the fact “relaying information” aka talking to the other world leader and “signing off” aka making the decision on what strategy to use. You the type of dude to say “Steph is nice, but man Steve Kerr is the reason the warriors won all those championships”.
:dead: holy fukk the bar is on the floor if you believe Joe Biden being able to literally speak on the phone and nodding when his staff present him with their plan is a sign of his foreign policy strength and proof he was "heavily involved" in this deal. I didn't downplay those factors, they are appropriately given minimal consideration.

Here's the most in-depth reporting done on the inner workings of the deal so far

https://www.wsj.com/world/europe/evan-gershkovich-prisoner-exchange-ccb39ad3

If there was one individual who deserves most credit for the deal it's the Special Presidential Envoy for Hostage Affair Roger Carstens, not Joe Biden who was busy fending off a (well-deserved) mutiny by his own party. What Joe Biden deserves credit for is being willing to be pressured into keeping Carstens in the role after Trump first appointed him. And even then, as the reporting states, "Carstens rarely met the president, and had to work in the margins to advance ideas." Jake Sullivan is the other person who deserves the most credit for this deal. Joe Biden wasn't the one meeting with Christo Grozev in a Georgetown restaurant to begin horse-trading negotiations on a cocktail napkin of the Russian prisoners who would be exchanged for Gershkovich and Whelan. Hell, even former Google CEO Erich Schmidt and Hillary Clinton played a more direct role in doing the legwork of liaising with German officials to get them to agree to the deal. When it came to the Slovenians (:youngsabo:) it was Kamala Harris who briefed them on the deal.

The only parts the reporting mentions Biden playing a direct role were:

"Ella was at her second White House Correspondents’ Dinner that month and joined Biden’s handshake line to deliver another backchannel message, this time with more specificity. An official from Carstens’ office had told her to ask Biden to call the German leader to move things forward. And one of her sources had told her that it would be bad for Scholz to back out after making a commitment. To make her case, she’d have only seconds. “We need more,” she said to the president. “Can you please call Chancellor Scholz?” Biden said he had made that call. Blinken, standing next to the president, looked down, then gently clarified, saying they would make the call. “I promise, I promise, I promise,” Biden said, before the handshake line moved on. Two days later, President Biden sent a letter to Scholz, a formal request that gave the Chancellor the mechanism he needed to formalize a deal."

and

"From self-quarantine in his Delaware home, Biden, testing positive for COVID-19, was tuning out frenzied speculation about his future to push the deal over its finish line. Slovenia still needed to tick through the final legal arrangements to ship back the spies it held—and time was running out. One Slovenian official texted a Journal reporter to say he was “shytting bricks.” Biden called Prime Minister Robert Golob to nudge things along, adding wistfully: “I’ve really got to get to Slovenia.” About an hour later, he announced he was leaving the presidential race."

Again, this isn't even a slight against Biden, the President's job is not to be micromanaging these deals and actually hammering out terms. That's movie stuff. His job is to hire people and sign off on the plans they create. Like most CEOs, the actual work is being done by underlings, they're just there to take responsibility for the outcome. Biden being cognitively compromised does not interfere with his ability to sign off on work being done by others. The problem with his mental state was that he could no longer inspire confidence in the country or his party that he was up to the job. The President is the head of state, appearances are a large part of that game.

Then you bring up Israel like Biden hasn’t shyt on Israel more than any president since that country has existed and to his credit he doesn’t go at them he goes at Benjamin “Baby Killer“ Netanyahu for orchestrating this blood bath to avoid answer for the constitution crisis he created at home.

All of which if Biden was brain dead like you kept arguing he could not do.
Biden has absolutely not shyt on Israel more than any President since that country existed. George W. Bush had a more antagonistic relationship with Israel. Barack Obama had a more antagonistic relationship with Israel. Hell, even Ronald Reagan had a more antagonistic relationship with Israel. Biden has perhaps been the most explicitly pro-Israel President in history, as he himself loves to remind everyone. No other President has gone out and called themselves a Zionist over and over again in the midst of Israel committing a genocide. He even said that he, as the American President, is not able to secure the safety of American Jews which is why Israel must be backed without reservation. He's pitched America as a vassal state of Israel and they've rewarded him by continually pissing in his face when he comes on bended knee to beg them to consider not committing genocide so loudly. John Kirby, Jake Sullivan, Tony Blinken have been completely disgraced and embarrassed by Israel publicly spitting in their faces. The most pathetic State Department briefings since the Dubya Administration. And Biden has never come even close to rebuking Netanyahu for being a baby killer or speaking up about his nefarious political motivations. Netanyahu just assassinated the lead Palestinian ceasefire negotiator and Biden responded by calling him up and offering unwavering support and new U.S. military deployments. The most pathetic, weak display of subordination by an American President I can remember.

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Fake ass posers

rock-chris-rock.gif

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Yeah thats Not good.

But for fukks sake He was 20. Who didnt say stupid shyt at that age?
The other guys he's competing against for VP? Or at least they're smarter than Shapiro in being able to hide their skeletons. He's not being vetted for dog catcher, he's asking to be next in line for the Presidency, the standards are a little higher than this. The baggage here would be enough to get a person booted from consideration in any Presidential ticket (not helmed by Trump).

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Biden has absolutely not shyt on Israel more than any President since that country existed.
and which fukking president had to deal with an October 7th happening to Israel while they were president? i mean, i know you absolve the terrorists of any blame for starting it, but are you really playing dumb about why Biden had to have their back? jesus

Daps
no, i simply realize that the general election is not a fukking palestine sympathy contest :yeshrug: you seem to think we're still in the democrat primary

there's actually general election voters.. who support israel :ohhh: who aren't turned off by shapiro being jewish. imagine that?
Are Walz and Beshear anti-Isreal? I dont think most people are saying Shapiro is an outright bad pick so much as he comes with more baggage than some other picks with similar upside

We all know every single one of these politicians have a body buried but let the GOP waste time digging with Walz and Beshear as opposed to having ready to go ammo because its very clear this election cycle they don't know how to pivot their attacks. Theyre attacking Kamala for being bi-racial when if they wanted to attack her identity they couldve gone with "her dad disavowed her statements on weed and Jamaicans" or some other similar dumb shyt with a basis in reality. These dumbfukks cant even do that, they need time to craft their talking points

And I say Walz and Beshear but I dont really care who she picks as long as its not someone with first page result on google baggage

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are Walz and Beshear anti-Isreal? I dont think most people are saying Shapiro is an outright bad pick so much as he comes with more baggage than some other picks with similar upside

We all know every single one of these politicians have a body buried but let the GOP waste time digging with Walz and Beshear as opposed to having ready to go ammo because its very clear this election cycle they don't know how to pivot their attacks. Theyre attacking Kamala for being bi-racial when if they wanted to attack her identity they couldve gone with "her dad disavowed her statements on weed and Jamaicans" or some other similar dumb shyt with a basis in reality. These dumbfukks cant even do that, they need time to craft their talking points

And I say Walz and Beshear but I dont really care who she picks as long as its not someone with first page result on google baggage
they're also attacking kamala for being anti israel, and supporting the palestine protesters who are spray painting buildings. which VP counters that shyt the best?

i'm fine with walz. i'm fine with beshear. i'm fine with shapiro. EVERYONE should be able to say what i just said