WHO WINS?

• Total voters

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
You're totally right and that is for all if not most western social-democracies. The question though is, is compromising on immigration a losing strategy in 2024 ?

Across the Atlantic ocean, in the last 5 years, there has been a massive right wing shift in voters with far right parties now in position to win elections and even govern and that led to :
- France having 143 far right politicians in congress (from 8 in 2017)
- Italy electing Meloni as PM
- Germany having AfD winning state elections for the first time since WWII
- Austria having FPO winning the last elections
- Netherlands having VVD winning the last elections
- the Nordics having right wing governments

European voters are now far more openly xenophobic and barring some exceptions like Spain or Portugal, the shift regarding immigration is strongly towards closing/filtering borders. Even the UK which elected Labour last elections is said to look at Italy's immigration policies (!).

The West is currently in a conflictual position because it has crucial need of immigration due to low birthrate but their people aren't receptive to that because of their nationalism/xenophobia. And because of that, inflation and cost of housing, the electorates are more and more fine with far right policies.

You talk of the Overton window but the shift to popular/policy happens because it is first deemed acceptable by the electorate. The electorate changes and then the parties have to move with it, otherwise, they can't earn votes.

I sympathize with your position because I don't think there's anything wrong holding a party accountable with your vote (or no vote). I'm totally fine with people/parties not compromising on policies they believe in because a vote should be earned.

But if the left win by compromising on some policies, isn't it good still, in your opinion ?

I have an example with France : we have our most right wing government in 20 years even though NFP got the most seats in congress in our last elections.

That was partly because Macron's cynicism but also because LFI stated minutes (literally) after the election results that they would only agree to govern if they could apply 100% of their policies. Letting no room for negociations. Well, they are not in government and the policies they can push now is 0%.

Myself, I used to be less pragmatic but now I think the left should play the game to win (like the right does) even if they have to dilute their product unfortunately.

It's cynical (hypocritical maybe ?) but if it wins...
Yeah, but what you're missing here is that all of the center left in those countries have done the same thing. They capitulated on framing. And they still lost.

Plus, unlike Europeans, Americans are not prenaturally disposed to hate migrants. We are by far the most accepting country on earth of foreigners, and we assimilate better than anyone.

That is why the doomers who say we have to put migrants in the blender to win are just exposing their own existing desires. Do you have any idea how dumb the median voter is? Most Americans don't even have firm positions on anything but a few specific issues. Ask the median voter anything, in polling or in real life on immigration, and you'll hear like three contradicting opinions on the same issue.

That's why 60% of voters want mass deportation, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME 60% want mass amnesty in the same fukking poll :dead:

The point is, you have to market the morally correct position and make a stand on it. American voters are malleable on most topics. The Democrats and European parties have totally failed to do that and are suffering the consequences.

If anything, the European example is a warning sign to NOT tack to the right on immigration. You cede ground on the issue in the court of public opinion, you take the right-wing's delusional framing as a given, AND you lose, because why the fukk would a voter believe you or trust you? Why wouldn't they just vote for the rabid racist who actually means it? And they have.

That's why it's both immoral and electorally stupid to cede ground to the right wing. You must attack them at all times, vociferously, and without mercy.

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
She's mixed? She could have just lived the rest of her days as a beautiful whore on onlyfans and had a nice life.

However, she wanted to be a failed candidate over and over and follow in the steps of the worst politician in US history.
vyan7wx8sUCUYrKdiqRdz9CNisRdBF3oLIz-LtiV71M.jpg

This is a picture of her when she was younger. Hmm, I'm not sure of her background.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Is the opposing admin even doing this:

You know she's not the president right? She has no legislative power as of now, while still campaigning as the active vp. At some you need be realistic, and use some context clues being laid out as far what her views are towards the war.

Or you can be cute, let Trump win, and screw palestenians even more. Seems like emotions are overriding even what's best for palestenians. The desire to punish someone is simply gonna kill more palestenians; and put marginalized groups at risk domestically. Literally not a logical option.

Why are you lying? You said she laid out a plan last week yet in none of the video or anything you wrote is actually a plan.
Whereas Harris had already spoken about ceasefire and formulated a plan to end the war.

what is the plan? You can keep googling. maybe try lexis nexis.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
you kinda have to call bullsh_t on this one.

If she does it this late in the game, these same people will call it pandering and say she didn't support it when it mattered so why should they support her now?
I want her to do it for moral reasons, but let's be honest, would it really gain any votes?

Maybe Arab-Americans in Michigan, but all the leftists calling for her to do it would just move the goalposts anyway.. You can't please some people.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why 60% of voters want mass deportation, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME 60% want mass amnesty in the same fukking poll :dead:

The point is, you have to market the morally correct position and make a stand on it. American voters are malleable on most topics. The Democrats and European parties have totally failed to do that and are suffering the consequences.

If anything, the European example is a warning sign to NOT tack to the right on immigration. You cede ground on the issue in the court of public opinion, you take the right-wing's delusional framing as a given, AND you lose, because why the fukk would a voter believe you or trust you? Why wouldn't they just vote for the rabid racist who actually means it? And they have.

That's why it's both immoral and electorally stupid to cede ground to the right wing. You must attack them at all times, vociferously, and without mercy.
breh, you've seen what's happened to housing prices in vegas since 2021. if you want to import all these migrants, where the fukk are they supposed to live?

the days of shaming people for "not caring about illegals" is over. democrats will lose on this position, until they can answer the simple, direct question posted above :yeshrug:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean genocide is a large single issue lol
They don't care. Multiple polls and articles were posted about how an arms embargo would be a net benefit for Kamala, and these paste-eating Blue MAGA goons ignored it.

The only explanation is that they actually support genocide. :manny:

I'm tired of dealing with people making everything about Gaza. Go vote for Trump and leave us alone!
Peak Blue MAGA posting

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
breh, you've seen what's happened to housing prices in vegas since 2021. if you want to import all these migrants, where the fukk are they supposed to live?

the days of shaming people for "not caring about illegals" is over. democrats will lose on this position, until they can answer the simple, direct question posted above :yeshrug:
Here's an answer: Many illegals can't even get a mortgage, it's insanely difficult. The reason housing has gone up is private equity and real estate holding companies buying up all the stock :francis:

You point out that the hate is misdirected and blame the actual culprits, the rich who are hoarding housing and making the American dream untenable, not Jose who makes less than minimum wage :mjlol:

Most migrants are stacking up 8 people in a two bedroom rental or are a family of 5 living in their uncle's garage, they're not competing with urban professionals buying a 600k house :francis:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's an answer: Many illegals can't even get a mortgage, it's insanely difficult. The reason housing has gone up is private equity and real estate holding companies buying up all the stock :francis:

You point out that the hate is misdirected and blame the actual culprits, the rich who are hoarding housing and making the American dream untenable, not Jose who makes less than minimum wage :mjlol:

Most migrants are stacking up 8 people in a two bedroom rental, they're not competing with urban professionals buying a 600k house :francis:
see how you deflected to buying, even though i wasn't talking about buying? :dead:

people don't have complaints with rent prices these days? these migrants aren't driving up rent costs, competing with everyone else? where are these two bedroom rentals you're talking about?

if this is a hill you wanna die on, going forward; good luck :yeshrug: i disagree with the strategy. i don't give much of a fukk if people want to try to come here illegally, or bullshyt us with asylum claims, but i'm not interested in a major political party pandering to them, before they solve the problems of citizens