WHO WINS?

• Total voters

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kamala presides over it regardless, no?

Let’s keep it a buck, there will be heightened security on Jan 6th to put it mildly. I don’t think another J6 happens, but smaller isolated attacks is a real possibility. You wonder at some point if these guys just give up. Is the prison time worth it? What worries me the most is if a Republican is in office and they have to transfer power back to Dems. That’s gonna be a shytshow

I also do wonder if there’s if there another J6 attempt, spearheaded by Trump, given he will fail, is he persona non grata at the point? Any moderate, sane Republican has to cut ties with him at that point I’d hope
i'm not initially worried about physical violence. i'm worried about the real refusal to certify by just enough republican lawmakers and judges, in just enough areas, and what would happen after that :snoop:

hopefully it's implausible. hell, hopefully she wins every swing state again, which would be the real nail in the coffin. a sheer beating by the numbers that trump can't overcome

imagine if we had some fukkin 2000-florida situation :dead:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Kamala presides over it regardless, no?

Let’s keep it a buck, there will be heightened security on Jan 6th to put it mildly. I don’t think another J6 happens, but smaller isolated attacks is a real possibility. You wonder at some point if these guys just give up. Is the prison time worth it? What worries me the most is if a Republican is in power and they have to transfer office back to Dems. That’s gonna be a shytshow

Yes she will be there no matter what, but if she wins it's gonna be a brain destroying moment for republicans. Similar to Obama becoming president. I don't expect violence, DC will be a police zone. But there will be fukkery inside the chamber, and possibly some physical altercations.

My concern for violence is moreso on the state level. Armed people will storming state legislations, threatening certifying officers, etc. I don't think it's gonna work but as I've said before it's obvious Trump will call for someone to do something. All while Elon pumps out the propaganda and fake shyt on twitter. It's very clear the argument has now become that there is no legitimate way for Kamala to win. If Trump wins everything is fine and legal though lol.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Can you give an example of democratic flowery language being used to target a specific set of immigrants that you deem to be fascistic that also lead to specific policy that targeted them with regards to immigration policy?

It's much easier to do with Trump since his Muslims are terrorists rhetoric lead to a Muslim ban. Or perhaps his Latinos are rapists and gang members which lead to a DACA ban.
Trump said "illegal immigration is poisoning the blood of our nation.", one of the most overtly fascistic statements he's ever made. The Republicans then formulated a right-wing, fascistic border bill in line with this political ideology. Biden and the Democrats supported this bill. Harris is now running on it, while speaking out of the other side of her mouth saying that the U.S. "has been enriched by generations of people who have come from every corner of the world to contribute to our country and to become part of the American story. And so we must reform our immigration system to ensure that it works in an orderly way, that it is humane and that makes our country stronger." Flowery language while supporting right-wing fascist policies.

You and I interpreted that political cartoon differently. I saw it as a statement on American imperialism, not American fascism. The former is based on a diplomatic mode of action while the latter is based on an ideology. Hence the reason I initially mentioned rhetoric being part of the equation.

Not all fascist nations acted imperialistically and not all imperialist nations acted in a fascist manner. I think its important to at least make that distinction before going down the road of saying the Dems are just as fascist as maga repubs.

If you want to make the claim that Dems can be just as imperialistic as repubs with foreign policy, then you'll have a much easier time in doing so
American imperialism is definitely an ideology, not just a "diplomatic mode of action". I agree that fascism and imperialism are not synonymous, but American imperialism is ideological bedfellows with American domestic fascism. They feed each other. The methods and tools that have been used to enact American imperialism in foreign countries are also being used to maintain fascist policies over here. Literally, the weaponry and surveillance tools used in the GWOT are being deployed on the border and in domestic policing. There is heavy cross-pollination of the front-line enforcers for both. Many agents of domestic fascism - ICE, police, CBP, federal law enforcement, etc - are veterans of foreign wars. It's where they learn and hone their trade.

I don't believe the Dems are just as fascist as MAGA Republicans. There is a minority flank of progressives within the Democratic coalition who have the political knowledge of fascism and rebuke and critique it, which is not present in the Republican coalition. But the Democrats will enact and support fascist policies because the dominant wing of the party is not sufficiently ideologically opposed to fascism.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe the Dems are just as fascist as MAGA Republicans. There is a minority flank of progressives within the Democratic coalition who have the political knowledge of fascism and rebuke and critique it, which is not present in the Republican coalition. But the Democrats will enact and support fascist policies because the dominant wing of the party is not sufficiently ideologically opposed to fascism.
what kind of policies do the leading parties enact, in your country?