2024 NFL CHAMPS CHIEFS REIGN CONTINUES: 3PEAT SEASON THE DYNASTY CONTINUES 2024-2025 SEASON THREAD

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Just thinking out loud, do we think the quick trigger on Hitchens release was a matter of freeing up money for a possible Orlando Brown franchise tag? Or freeing money for someone else?

Yesterday was the first day someone could get tagged, and they have until like March 8th or so. They previously had like 3 mil in cap space, with this move they now have a little more than 11 Mil...Brown's tag is probably going to be like 16-17M

Last edited:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just thinking out loud, do we think the quick trigger on Hitchens release was a matter of freeing up money for a possible Orlando Brown franchise tag? Or freeing money for someone else?

Yesterday was the first day someone could get tagged, and they have until like March 8th or so. They previously had like 3 mil in cap space, with this move they now have a little more than 11 Mil...Brown's tag is probably going to be like 16-17M

I think it was just time for Hitchens. Gay and Bolton have to see the field as much as possible

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
EVERY WEEK!!!

we’re keeping Spags and I don’t trust him to do anything as a coach lol

If we can get the defense back to slightly above average, the Chiefs are going to be scary next year. I'm interested in how they fill the depth chart and find replacements for players like 49 and 56 for example.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If we can get the defense back to slightly above average, the Chiefs are going to be scary next year. I'm interested in how they fill the depth chart and find replacements for players like 49 and 56 for example.

Yep! From the looks of it Veech wants to revamp the D line. We need that

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
Yep! From the looks of it Veech wants to revamp the D line. We need that
Yeah, I just can't wait for this Free Agency period to start. Maybe we look at a few possible cap casualties of good vets (ZaDarius Smith from Green Bay DeMarcus Lawrence from Cowboys, if they get released)

I'm sure they're going to ask Frank Clark to restructure that contract drastically or else he's gone

satireprod

Superstar
Daps

:hubie: Know he's not a speed WR but he is a really good possession receiver and runs ELITE/EXCELLENT routes