2024 NFL CHAMPS CHIEFS REIGN CONTINUES: 3PEAT SEASON THE DYNASTY CONTINUES 2024-2025 SEASON THREAD

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
It’s crazy because this is the most stereotypical Chiefs L ever :mjlol: like if you told me this game happened when I was 10 years old I wouldn’t have been able to tell the difference.

Matter fact even more recent I just remembered the 21-3 Mariota game :dead: the difference between how mad I was then and now

I knew when they went up like 21-10 and went for the TD instead of the FG, when they were getting the ball right back after the break :francis::mjlol:

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
The problem is that the AFC is stacked up going forward, the future is complicated at a minimum.

A young Burrow-led Bengals have showed they're even better than the '88 squad. You still got Jackson and the Ravens, Allen and the Bills, Herbert and the Chargers are a few tweaks away from openly contesting the AFC West along with the Raiders. If the Titans get a competent QB at center with Henry then you really have questions as to whether or not the Chiefs have squandered their window in time to pile up championships.

you raise EXCELLENT points...for all the teams future...one thing is for sure, whoever coming out the AFC going forward it CAN'T really be said that it's a cake walk....

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
It’s crazy because this is the most stereotypical Chiefs L ever :mjlol: like if you told me this game happened when I was 10 years old I wouldn’t have been able to tell the difference.

Matter fact even more recent I just remembered the 21-3 Mariota game :dead: the difference between how mad I was then and now

The 2003 loss to the Colts is similar to this one.. I'm still bitter about that loss and that shyt is almost 20 years ago.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The problem is that the AFC is stacked up going forward, the future is complicated at a minimum.

A young Burrow-led Bengals have showed they're even better than the '88 squad. You still got Jackson and the Ravens, Allen and the Bills, Herbert and the Chargers are a few tweaks away from openly contesting the AFC West along with the Raiders. If the Titans get a competent QB at center with Henry then you really have questions as to whether or not the Chiefs have squandered their window in time to pile up championships.
I'm not seeing this view you guys are looking at. This "figured out" Chiefs teams made it to OT in the AFCCG. Why are people talking like this was wildcard weekend? The Chiefs have proven they are still near the top of the league. I'm viewing this in a whole different way...the Chiefs didn't even play their best ball and still had nikkas praying.

i view this shyt way different that other people i guess.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
I'm not seeing this view you guys are looking at. This "figured out" Chiefs teams made it to OT in the AFCCG. Why are people talking like this was wildcard weekend? The Chiefs have proven they are still near the top of the league. I'm viewing this in a whole different way...the Chiefs didn't even play their best ball and still had nikkas praying.

Nah I get what you're saying...I think what people are saying is that every year a lot of the other teams will progress/enhance and close that gap...you see how close the Bills were this year compared to last year... the Chiefs were the hunted....the rest were the hunters attempting to get on their level...they're at the gates. Hungry. READY to take their shot.

The approach is sometimes different when you have that target on your back. Yeah, we lost in the Super Bowl last year, but our O-line was DECIMATED, so some could rationalize why we lost. Hopefully, they use this as proof that NOTHING is guaranteed. They can bounce back.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Folks we're saying this with the Trent Green and dikk Vermeil led Chiefs with Dante Hall and Priest Holmes back in the early 2000's and with the Joe Montana - Rich Gannon led teams under Schottenheimer in the 90's. I've been keeping up with the Chiefs for over 30 plus years and this has been the pattern for most of the team's history..will they be competitive? Absolutely. But their path to getting divisional crowns much less getting out of the damn conference to Super Bowls has gotten significantly more difficult.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Nah I get what you're saying...I think what people are saying is that every year a lot of the other teams will progress/enhance and close that gap...you see how close the Bills were this year compared to last year... the Chiefs were the hunted....the rest were the hunters attempting to get on their level...they're at the gates. Hungry. READY to take their shot.

The approach is sometimes different when you have that target on your back. Yeah, we lost in the Super Bowl last year, but our O-line was DECIMATED, so some could rationalize why we lost. Hopefully, they use this as proof that NOTHING is guaranteed. They can bounce back.
And hopefully the Chiefs get better too. :mjgrin: Not taking anything for granted, but this is different than some Matt Cassel shyt.

Like i'm not even mad right now. :pachaha:I could see alot of these other AFC team in flux more than the Chiefs.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Folks we're saying this with the Trent Green and dikk Vermeil led Chiefs with Dante Hall and Priest Holmes back in the early 2000's and with the Joe Montana - Rich Gannon led teams under Schottenheimer in the 90's. I've been keeping up with the Chiefs for over 30 plus years and this has been the pattern for most of the team's history..will they be competitive? Absolutely. But their path to getting divisional crowns much less out of the damn conference to Super Bowls has gotten significantly more difficult.
I don't remember any of this with other regimes. We were stuck in a curse and expected to lose on wildcard weekend or at best division round at Arrowhead. I'm almost 40 and lived in KC my whole life too. It was never some "we'll be right back next year" shyt. We've never had a Mahomes at QB.

I hope yall see the clear difference between those teams and having a franchise QB led team. this wasn't a wildcard game it was OT in the AFCCG.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don't remember any of this with other regimes. We were stuck in a curse and expected to lose on wildcard weekend or at best division round at Arrowhead. I'm almost 40 and lived in KC my whole life too. It was never some "we'll be right back next year" shyt. We've never had a Mahomes at QB.

I hope yall see the clear difference between those teams and having a franchise QB led team. this wasn't a wildcard game it was OT in the AFCCG.

Facts.

Games like this make me miss having Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas on the defense though. I hope they tighten this shyt the fukk up in the off-season.

satireprod

Superstar
Daps
And hopefully the Chiefs get better too. :mjgrin: Not taking anything for granted, but this is different than some Matt Cassel shyt.

Like i'm not even mad right now. :pachaha:I could see alot of these other AFC team in flux more than the Chiefs.

lol no doubt

the bolded is hilarious, yeah I think we're good money at QB, just have to make certain that we shore up certain spots around him

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Spags gotta go something has to happen on defense

They showed the stat that since he’s been I. KC we’ve averaged the 27th ranked defense his entire tenure.

that’s god awful.

Last edited: