2024 NFL CHAMPS CHIEFS REIGN CONTINUES: 3PEAT SEASON THE DYNASTY CONTINUES 2024-2025 SEASON THREAD

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seems like we’re too focused on the big contracts rn to the detriment of filling out the roster. I knew we were gonna let folks walk but we gotta bust some moves while there are moves to be busted. Our main guys are under contract for next szn, for better or worse so at least make sure we got a complete team around them

this all of this! With Fuller leaving we need to grab a corner ASAP! Our cornerbacks were the reason we were losing the bigs for the past 4 years. I hope we do workout a way for CJ. We have too many needs on defense and that’ll make it worse

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

$177 :damn::damn::damn:

Na I'm not really shook but that would explain why we have made no major acquisitions and have basically let anybody who can, be let go. Sammy a goner on his current deal tho. If the market dries up on him, especially in this receiver heavy draft, Veach might hold his feet to the fire :patrice:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

$177 :damn::damn::damn:

Na I'm not really shook but that would explain why we have made no major acquisitions and have basically let anybody who can, be let go. Sammy a goner on his current deal tho. If the market dries up on him, especially in this receiver heavy draft, Veach might hold his feet to the fire :patrice:

177? Wtf we’re losing Chris Jones and Sammy. We may lose more than that. I expect someone else to go

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
177? Wtf we’re losing Chris Jones and Sammy. We may lose more than that. I expect someone else to go

I think at this point, Sammy might take a deeper pay cut due to the WR market and especially the draft (WR-heavy). And at least we know CJ wouldn't leave for nothing with that franchise tag: we would get at least around what the 9ers got for Buckner, if not more.

End of the day, the offense should be mostly intact, save for ancillary pieces that could be replaced in the system. We're mostly worried about depth on that side, since all the pieces are locked up at least another 2 years (Tyreek, Kelce, Dame, Fisher, Schwartz), unless Kelce holds out for a new deal (doubt he does).

Defense, we already needed a new LB corps coming into this szn, and they weren't very impressive at all this yr, so not worried about losing any of them. D line is solid, but will obviously need to be addressed in depth, and possibly a CJ replacement. Secondary is where we're feeling it rn. We weren't gonna be able to afford most of our DB free agents anyway, and we don't have much depth behind it.

All in all, Mahomes camp seems adamant about not taking TOO much money to inhibit winning, so I won't even judge our moves until we know for sure the biggest domino has fallen with that contract

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:banderas:

1T8BQ7f.png

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Unless the LB from LSU falls I wouldn’t be opposed to moving down and gaining more draft capital.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What y’all think brehs? Wish better defense would have fallen, but CEH really has a shot at being an elite back, I remember him in college :banderas: shades of Kareem giving us all 3 downs

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What y’all think brehs? Wish better defense would have fallen, but CEH really has a shot at being an elite back, I remember him in college :banderas: shades of Kareem giving us all 3 downs

I like it! I think him and Darwin Thompson will be a great 1,2 punch.

I’m hoping we are able to grab Trevon Diggs with our next pick though. We need a good cornerback ASAP

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We should go ahead and sign Cam to be our backup quarterback. No one else is gonna sign him plus we need one

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We should go ahead and sign Cam to be our backup quarterback. No one else is gonna sign him plus we need one

The way I look at it now, there’s no reason to break any kinda bread on the backup. Big Red got us through 3 games with Matt Moore, and if we have to get through much more than that without Pat, the szn is likely a wash anyway