2023-24 Contract Season

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

If they made him an offer while he's under contract wouldn't that be tampering? If true that's probably the reason they are adding injury time to Fenix's contract. AEW has already raised concerns in the past about contract tampering, so I don't really blame them for adding the time on if true. Plus it pisses off that racist Cuban Konnan, so that's an added bonus.

Contract tampering, in legal terms at least, is something that only really exists in pro sports and it’s collectively bargained into existence.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
from what Bruce Prichard said on his podcast there's a window when a talent is able to negotiate while under contract with another company so if they hit a talent up or vice versa first thing he would ask is when is your window? If it was too far off he'd say call me back then
Interesting, I’d never heard this before.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Makes sense honestly although I'd still like to see him appear in a future Cody storyline
I don’t even watch WWE weekly but still would be cool for him and his family to be involved with Cody’s story in some capacity though. He really seems to love what he’s doing in AEW both on and off screen though. He might even be an AEW lifer at this point.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I haven't listened to the Breakfast Club talk but I got this off Reddit:
  • CTG: “Is it true they tried to re-sign you? The WWE?”
  • Swerve: “Yup. Yup. Well it wasn’t like the words “re-sign”. They asked my availability. They never contacted me. They contacted my representation.”
Anyone listen to it? Is this in it?

Because this sounds exactly what Top Dolla said with the mistake John Cone made calling Swerve not knowing he was with AEW.

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
  • Swerve: “Yup. Yup. Well it wasn’t like the words “re-sign”. They asked my availability. They never contacted me. They contacted my representation.”

Because this sounds exactly what Top Dolla said with the mistake John Cone made calling Swerve not knowing he was with AEW.
I saw the clip posted on Twitter and yes that's what he said. Can't say if that's what he said word for word because I didn't memorize it like that but yeah that's the gist of that specific part of the clip.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I saw the clip posted on Twitter and yes that's what he said. Can't say if that's what he said word for word because I didn't memorize it like that but yeah that's the gist of that specific part of the clip.
Just watched it. Yes what I quoted was said, exactly. But he added that contact was made through his reps but never to him and he likes it that way. He never states when or how long ago it was. So without more to go off of, one can guess this was done two years ago during that mistake Top Dolla was talking about.

People made it worse that it ever was. Made it seem like they were trying to snatch Swerve back when it was just a mistake by an employee.

drifter

Superstar
Daps

I'm not into "contract season" and watching wrestlers like it's NBA free agency like any of these people are changing business one way or the other, these places are what they are and what they're gonna be

That said, I'm throwing the challenge flag on She Was Black And Ugly because that's not what was said before

For me, I was in a place where I knew I needed to be. I needed to be in AEW. When I got the phone call to go back, I didn’t even answer it. It was, ‘Nope.

Another version back when it happened was he told whoever called to contact his agent, at least that one halfway lines up. That was before he went and told Tony and they sent a cease and desist. Racc00n eyes is lying either way

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Or else they are just heels because they're gay.
What? The Acclaimed been on that :dame: for long. So they’re “heels” because they do sus shyt?

From what I’ve seen, MxM never said they were :dame: . Didn’t someone say one is married to a woman? Their promos come off like they think they’re better than the Acclaimed. Acting like snobs and elitists is why they’re heels.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
What? The Acclaimed been on that :dame: for long. So they’re “heels” because they do sus shyt?

From what I’ve seen, MxM never said they were :dame: . Didn’t someone say one is married to a woman? Their promos come off like they think they’re better than the Acclaimed. Acting like snobs and elitists is why they’re heels.
Have you seen them? They're whole act is the ambiguously gay duo. That's why it comes off so heavy handed. Nuance of woman would add weight to comedy or w/e because wrestling is about blurring lines. Goldust and Marlena. Adrian Street and Miss Linda. Hell even Kwee Wee had Sharmell. Otherwise it's just a gay dude.