2023-24 Contract Season

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Yeah that's why I said if it's true. I know Meltzer is full of shyt sometimes. To me it doesn't matter. Let them go, but I like it when that Konnan gets all butt hurt and Tony has the right to be petty if they were tampering.

there's no real "contract tampering" in wrestling since there's no Collective Bargaining Agreement. It's only tampering if you hit up someone under contract and try to get them to break the contract, but these guys are still independent contractors so there's nothing wrong with letting them know they'll have an offer waiting for them when their contract is up

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
there's no real "contract tampering" in wrestling since there's no Collective Bargaining Agreement. It's only tampering if you hit up someone under contract and try to get them to break the contract, but these guys are still independent contractors so there's nothing wrong with letting them know they'll have an offer waiting for them when their contract is up

I didn't know the rules of it. Thanks for clearing it up. I know Tony has raised concerns in the past, so it doesn't surprise me that he would be petty.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I didn't know the rules of it. Thanks for clearing it up. I know Tony has raised concerns in the past, so it doesn't surprise me that he would be petty.

that's the thing, there really aren't any rules because it isn't like pro sports where you have that CBA in place. Just stuff that would apply to other business, so you could try and claim tortious interference on someone trying to get out of their contract early, but if someone is lining up another job for themselves when their contract is up, there's nothing wrong with that.

Tony alleged that when HHH took over for Vince the first time he "retired" that he contacted his old NXT guys on the AEW roster and asked if it would be possible for them to get out of their deals there. Supposedly Swerve was the one who ratted to Tony and that's what got Swerve real deep in Tony's good graces. As @CBoz posted above, Top Dolla says that isn't true (the first part anyways) when it comes to Swerve

if the rumors are true about Daniel Garcia (wtf?) starting some type of bidding war, Tony is probably just butthurt about the thought of losing more talent to WWE from a perception standpoint since Ricky Starks and others might not be far behind.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Heist of the century

Cracker ass Maras :umad:

If they made him an offer while he's under contract wouldn't that be tampering? If true that's probably the reason they are adding injury time to Fenix's contract. AEW has already raised concerns in the past about contract tampering, so I don't really blame them for adding the time on if true. Plus it pisses off that racist Cuban Konnan, so that's an added bonus.

There’s no such thing as tampering in wrestling

Nobody cares about this Burlington Coat Factory coat wearing clown

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
that's the thing, there really aren't any rules because it isn't like pro sports where you have that CBA in place. Just stuff that would apply to other business, so you could try and claim tortious interference on someone trying to get out of their contract early, but if someone is lining up another job for themselves when their contract is up, there's nothing wrong with that.

Tony alleged that when HHH took over for Vince the first time he "retired" that he contacted his old NXT guys on the AEW roster and asked if it would be possible for them to get out of their deals there. Supposedly Swerve was the one who ratted to Tony and that's what got Swerve real deep in Tony's good graces. As @CBoz posted above, Top Dolla says that isn't true (the first part anyways) when it comes to Swerve

if the rumors are true about Daniel Garcia (wtf?) starting some type of bidding war, Tony is probably just butthurt about the thought of losing more talent to WWE from a perception standpoint since Ricky Starks and others might not be far behind.

Good information. I don't really care if they stay or go. I like them, but if they're not happy or want a different opportunity then more power to them. I just hope Daniel Garcia goes. :lolbron:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Yeah about that call. This is directly from Top Dolla's Twitter space.
  • Denies that Triple H wanted Swerve back.
  • Says that John Cone was told to call Hit Row. John didn’t know Swerve was in AEW, which is why Swerve got a call.
  • Swerve has a 5 year deal with AEW. “Paul Levesque knows he had a 5 year deal”

Guessing this is from around the time Hit Row was coming back to WWE because here's what's been reported on within the past month or two:
  • Swerve initially signed a 3 year deal in 2022 and would have been a free agent some time in 2025
  • Snowman agreed he outperformed his original deal and he signed an extension before All In that goes through either 2028 or 2029
  • At some point within the past few months (guessing this was over the summer based on the timing of everything), WWE sent feelers for Swerve AND Prince Nana to see if they had interest in leaving and were shot down. Then the leaks come out about WWE being pissed about his new deal being "bad for the business"

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Guessing this is from around the time Hit Row was coming back to WWE because here's what's been reported on within the past month or two:
Yes this was after Vince fired all of Hit Row and right before HHH hired the OG 3 back since, clearly Swerve was in AEW at the time.

So the call that Swerve got was a mistake. Made by the guy, referee John Cone, that HHH relegated to make the call to Hit Row about wanting them to come back. I've seen a video of Top Dolla talking about his re-hire, where he mentions this, as well as his posts on Twitter, which I got from Reddit, which I posted a part of.

I can send you the entire link to the Reddit post in a conversation if you care to see it.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Yes this was after Vince fired all of Hit Row and right before HHH hired the OG 3 back since, clearly Swerve was in AEW at the time.

So the call that Swerve got was a mistake. Made by the guy, referee John Cone, that HHH relegated to make the call to Hit Row about wanting them to come back. I've seen a video of Top Dolla talking about his re-hire, where he mentions this, as well as his posts on Twitter, which I got from Reddit, which I posted a part of.

I can send you the entire link to the Reddit post in a conversation if you care to see it.

Don't need to. I know what you're referring to since that 2022 call was reported on and Snowman brought that up specifically when talking about WWE tampering.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
  • Swerve initially signed a 3 year deal in 2022 and would have been a free agent some time in 2025
  • Snowman agreed he outperformed his original deal and he signed an extension before All In that goes through either 2028 or 2029
  • At some point within the past few months (guessing this was over the summer based on the timing of everything), WWE sent feelers for Swerve AND Prince Nana to see if they had interest in leaving and were shot down. Then the leaks come out about WWE being pissed about his new deal being "bad for the business"

wasn't Meltzer the only person that reported that or were there others?