2017 Jackson, Mississippi Mayor Election

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
Tomorrow is the voting day for Jackson, Mississippi!

Chokwe A. Lumumba for Mayor | JFP Mobile | Jackson, Mississippi

To put it bluntly, there's simply one choice. Antar Lumumba. If that name sounds familiar I'll break it down...

Chokwe Lumumba, 66, Dies; Activist Who Became Mayor in Mississippi

Antar is the son of the late, great Chokwe Lumumba. He was elected mayor of Jackson a few years ago and he passed away while in office

To my soul I honestly believe these dirty confederate cacs in Mississippi killed him on some Illuminati hit man type shyt
:mjcry::damn:
He was doing so much
:wow:
He actually cared for the people
:mjcry:

When he passed they had an election and Antar was running. But the cornbread congregation in the bible belt decided to vote for Tony Yarber. A scheming shiesty nikka who's got cases up and down the city of girls claiming he likes to get his Bill O'Reilly on
:francis:
Woman Sues City of Jackson, Alleges Pay-to-Play Scheme, Sexual Harassment | JFP Mobile | Jackson, Mississippi
https://www.google.com/amp/wjtv.com...it-dna-test-in-sexual-harassment-lawsuit/amp/

But yall know that church vote is strong af

WLBT : Jackson mayoral candidates speak out during debate

Recent polls have shown that Antar is out front but we'll see how it plays out. Jackson is important in the south and it could be a solid mid level city of black excellence if we put the right people in the right places.

Demographic Statistics
Mississippi
RACE
One race 2,824,637 99.3
White
61.4 percent
Black or African American
36.3 percent

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/432546/

Jackson City, Mississippi Statistics and Demographics (US Census 2000)
Jackson Population:
Race

spacer.gif
White
51,208 27.79%
spacer.gif
Black or African American
130,151 70.64%

We'll see how it turns out
:manny:

koolkeef

Pro
Daps
whoops, wrong thread.

fukk it, since I'm here; off the bat I thought of Patrice Lumumba when I saw the name. I'm pulling for the brotha.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

“Change has to happen where it’s most unlikely,” says Chokwe Antar Lumumba, a mayoral candidate in Jackson, Miss. (Courtesy of the Lumumba for Mayor campaign)

FEATURES » MAY 2, 2017
Jackson, Mississippi’s Radical Mayoral Candidate
If the Left can make it here, they can make it anywhere.

BY KATE ARONOFF
ShareTweetRedditStumbleUponEmail
The city of Jackson, in the heart of staunchly Republican Mississippi, might seem an unlikely place for a municipal revolution. Yet Jackson’s radicalism has been forged in the crucible of massive disinvestment, both by private industry and by a conservative state legislature. Led by the Black nationalist organization Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, organizers in Jackson have backed experiments in everything from worker-owned businesses to participatory, neighborhood-by-neighborhood democracy..........

Cacs all scary
Here go the rest of the article

Jackson, Mississippi’s Radical Mayoral Candidate

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps
@EastCoastNaga do you live in Jackson?

What do you think about the state trying to take over the Airport from the city? Has there been any effects from this already?

What do you think about Capital Complex Bill? From what I understand it adds investment but the people in the city gave up a lot of control with regards to spending.

This youtuber is pretty active in Jackson politics.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
@EastCoastNaga do you live in Jackson?

What do you think about the state trying to take over the Airport from the city? Has there been any effects from this already?

What do you think about Capital Complex Bill? From what I understand it adds investment but the people in the city gave up a lot of control with regards to spending.

This youtuber is pretty active in Jackson politics.

Yeah I go to JSU. And my GF is friends with Aayanna she a cool chick.

The state taking over the airport is another finesse move to take the revenue generated by the airport and put it to the majority white areas on some rezoning shyt. Fortunately that effort was stopped by the people of jackson and I believe the airport will remain jackson property for the next 5 years until it has potential to open up again. We have to be on code about this.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...joins-suit-against-airport-takeover/86289910/

The capital complex bill is also another low key finesse move by state republicans to gain back political control of jackson. The main narrative with the KKKonservatives down here is "the liberals in jackson bring crime and poverty". Which we ALL know is bullshyt but the inbred rednecks eat that shyt up. Without jackson and Hinds county in general, the entire state would be bankrupt. Mississippi economy is still stuck in the 19th century with this good Ole boy network. Antar Lumumba will help combat this foolery.

Mississippi is 50 out of 50 in most economic development. You can thank ultra right wing confederates for this fukkery.

Without Hinds county, mississippi would look like Russian heroin state.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
This is huge.

Shout out to Chokwe Antar, Kali Akuno, Ajamu Baraka, Cooperation Jackson, the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, the people of Jackson and the late great Chokwe Lumumba.

Power to the people.

:salute:
The people are waking up in jackson, people keep sleeping on this city but I think jackson, and mississippi in general will fukk around and become a black mecca in the next 10 years if we play these cards right. This is only the beginning
:youngsabo: