$2,500,000 painting for sale on Amazon

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest
::wtf: So people actually have bought it? Wait... its 2.5 milly... for that much it has to be an original, I know people aint buying a painting that has been copied.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
There's starving children out there and people wanna pay 2 million for a fukking painting :pacspit: :pacspit: :pacspit:

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps

JJ
This review is from: Fragment de Nymphéas
Be careful when you read some of these reviews. Make sure the reviewer is not part of the Vine Program. If they are, their review of this piece may be biased because they received the $2,500,000 product for free. I can attest though that the price is great - I bought my iphone into walmart and did a price check - Walmart's price is $2,510,000. Definitely better on Amazon - especially if you have Prime!

Dallas Frank (Oklahoma City, OK, US)
So I had this as the background on my phone and decided I just had to have it in the servant's quarters. It arrived in a timely manner considering Prime was not available. I was a bit dissapointed to be honest. It looked much better on my iPhone 5 than in person. I took a high resolution photo using my Canon MKII, increased the saturation, and used some smart filters to soften the edges caused by the upsampling. I then had it printed out wall sized using a local billboard vinyl company. That turned out MUCH better than this "original" and I bet it is what monet would have wanted if he had a canvas that big available. I am sure the maids appreciate it. Return on the original was painless.

Art Guy
I bought this and returned it immediately. Very amateurish quality. My 9-year old son could do a better job. For $2,500,000, I would have thought it would have been much more detailed (though the frame was kind of nice). I'm very disappointed and this will probably be my last online purchase of artwork ever again. Take my advice: stick with the paint-by-numbers kits or "Starving Artists" sales if you want good-looking art that you can hang on your walls immediately and not be embarrassed when guests come over.

M. Kim "gadget freak and man-toy expert" (Los Angeles)
I've been tracking this painting for quite awhile now. At 3,000,000.00, I couldn't quite justify the purchase, but lo and behold... yesterday morning I wake up and the price dropped to 2,500,000. I jumped on it immediately, and was not disappointed. Nothing like coming home to see a brown box with a smiley face on it! The colors did not seem like what was advertised on the site, and I called up Amazon customer service. They were very helpful. When I faced them with my concern, the customer service rep told me it's not unusual for that situation to happen with art pieces, and assured me that I could return it within 30 days if I'm not satisfied.

What really sold me was the "in room" picture on this site, where it's next to a chair and side table. I couldn't quite picture it in my house, but after that imagery it was a no brainer.

The best part is that since I'm a prime member, I saved about 20 bucks on shipping. I also purchased with my Amazon Visa rewards card (3% cash back on all Amazon purchases), so I got 75,000.00 back in rewards. Thinking about getting a BMW M3 or perhaps go to college with my cash back.

Robert Whittemore (MONTGOMERY, NY, US)
I bought two of these at a discount from a different vendor for $2,200,000 a piece with free shipping. I had thought the pictures just made it look a little fuzzy and they'd be higher quality (it *is* a Monet after all) but they just don't look good next to my other Monets.

I ended up putting one in the guest house bathroom and another in the stables - it does seem to soothe one of my more spirited mares for some reason.

At $2,200,000, it might be worth it if you've just 'got to have them all' and need to round out your Monet collection, but I don't know about $2,500,000.

---One day 2.5 milli would be a drop in the bucket. Amen.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
This shyt got me in tears

The best part is that since I'm a prime member, I saved about 20 bucks on shipping. I also purchased with my Amazon Visa rewards card (3% cash back on all Amazon purchases), so I got 75,000.00 back in rewards. Thinking about getting a BMW M3 or perhaps go to college with my cash back.

:laff: