19th - Early 20th Century Vintage Photographs of Black Britons

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Peter-Jackson-the-heavyweight-boxer-known-as-the-Black-Prince.-London-Stereoscopic-Company.-Courtesy-of-%C2%A9-Hulton-ArchiveGetty-Images-e1441128669948.jpg

Sarah-Forbes-Bonetta-and-her-husband-Capt.-James-Pinson-Labulo-Davies.-Photographer-Studio-Camille-Silvy.-Courtesy-of-%C2%A9-Hulton-ArchiveGetty-Images.jpg

Black-Victorians-Fubiz5.jpg

Black-Victorians-Fubiz2.jpg

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Interesting thread. People think black people just started to arrive in england 60 years ago.
For the most part thats true, vast majority of black brits arrived in the last 60-70 years. I wonder why these people went to Britain during Victorian era, slavery?

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Interesting thread. People think black people just started to arrive in england 60 years ago.

And sadly a lot of people even in 2020 don't know shyt about shyt when there's a wealth of information out there.

We've had a presence here and made massive contributions for god knows how long. Hell, the statues and paintings and stuff they dig up from the ground shows that.

The African Presence in Early Europe by Ivan Van Sertima is just one of many sources to refer to.

dat aint da same sandwich

links wid dem grits
Daps
Reppin
NJ
And sadly a lot of people even in 2020 don't know shyt about shyt when there's a wealth of information out there.

We've had a presence here and made massive contributions for god knows how long. Hell, the statues and paintings and stuff they dig up from the ground shows that.

The African Presence in Early Europe by Ivan Van Sertima is just one of many sources to refer to.

yup you can find us literally anywhere on this earth when you dig up artifacts