1992 Philly Greek Fest (Video)

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I was mad young back then but the whole northeast down to DC was different

Yeah the marsupial was 7ish in human years but I remember how live and lit the simplest of places was at the time. The mall felt like you are going to a different country, downtown was thriving, and heads actually chilled on the porch. The whole "it waz daNgEroUs BaK DeN" argument is a joke and a half because heads were aware of the danger, but kept it trucking. Yes, there was crime and murder, but you could still go to places without the fear of getting your skull split.

Versus now, when there's not even a reason to go outside of running errands. Hell, I don't even know what youngins think is fun anymore because it's either clout chasing or staring at phones.

I remember folks taking pictures of their fun times and having a date and marking of that exact moment. My uncle (RIP), would DJ block parties, had the most lit rides, and bad ones coming through. Man...I wanna go back breh :mjcry:

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
I know this was shot with a camera that rested on a man’s shoulder.
Not a badly built woman or bbl in sight. Those were the days…
:wow:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I heard the city was the shyt in the 80's and 90's minus the crime. I ain't really get to enjoy until the mid-2000's, and it was dying then.

While this is true as a youngin shooting the breeze before I left, at least you didn't have to duck for shiestys and NBs ninja looking crash dummies :francis:

I feel the decline of Philly happened with the recession and since then it's just been a unstable mess of affairs.

Then again you can say the same for any city nowadays :francis:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
While this is true as a youngin shooting the breeze before I left, at least you didn't have to duck for shiestys and NBs ninja looking crash dummies :francis:

I feel the decline of Philly happened with the recession and since then it's just been a unstable mess of affairs.

Then again you can say the same for any city nowadays :francis:

I used to work in Radio One/100.3 The Beat 2007-2011. Used to get into all their clubs for free. shyt was wack before the recession in my opinion.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps

This is from this year’s Atlanta Greek Picnic for comparison.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Distinct lack of ass :patrice:

Maybe I'm too far gone

Brehs - did they have ass back in the 80's and 90's