1950 Fridges Were Better Than Today’s Fridges With More Features

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They were also built to last forever. A lot of companies used to make fridges. Ford (car company) was one. There were two companies one was amana. But they built fridges that last forever that they eventually lost the market because people would buy them and pass them along with their houses or give them to there kids when they died. They were damn tanks. Never broke down, the only thing you might've replaced was the light. Amana stayed afloat was eventually bought by the conglomerate company whirlpool and now sells cheaper alternatives under the brand.

Other companies came into the market with newer features, commercials and such. People wanted to keep up with the joneses, and rather than a literal product that lasts a lifetime, planned obsolescence.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
I honestly wish I had one of those old school fridges. They last forever and I don't need a bunch of fancy shyt in a fridge...just keep the food cold and don't leak. I've already had to replace parts in my garbage Samsung fridge because the drain line froze over, causing leaks on the floor.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just know, them shyts last forever, but they also eat energy like a mothafukka. My mom legit saw a $20 drop in her power bill just removing a basement fridge from the 80s:mjlol:It kept food PERFECTLY cool though.
Definitely not energy star compliant.

We don't want to talk about gas refrigerators. Them bytches never broke. America used to make some shyt breh. Even furniture. We used to have armoires and dressers that lasted a lifetime. Now your entire house can burn down in 3 minutes. (It's designed to)

Daps
all american appliances are made in foreign countries, if they made something like that it would break...:mjlol: