1925-2025 New York Giants Thread: 100 Years in the making

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
So are you saying Jones played well enough for us to win last night? A game where the Giants scored zero touchdowns? Adding to his tally of games where he threw no touchdowns.

Keep in mind that this is the same Giants team that lost a game where they scored 3 offensive TDs and held the other side to zero TDs of any kind this season.

Anyway, I'm just saying he didn't cost y'all the game. He wasn't why you lost. To me, an effective QB doesn't HAVE to be the reason we win. He just can't be why we lose.

Understandably, you want him to be the reason you won because a good amount of things went right for the Giants last night that typically don't go right, so the table was set for Jones to take the W.

On the drive where they had their last realistic chance -- because the game was over once Nabers was ruled out -- Jones made good throws that his WRs could have made plays on (and supposedly, NYG's WRs lead the league in drops or dropped pass percentage). Making a good throw for your guy in late-game moments is the extent of his job in that situation.

I'd also say that I think it's wild that Daniel Jones -- who is not what I'd call a good QB or whatever -- catches so much heat for his struggles when the Giants have fukked this man's development at nearly every turn. They just now got him a bonafide WR1. When they could have kept Saquon, they showed him the door. Won't even get into the OL mess.

Again, there's not much impressive about Daniel Jones. But the Giants front office itself has admitted it failed to adequately support him from a surrounding cast standpoint.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Jones is complete dogshyt and will continue to hold the team back until they make a change
Idk how anyone can watch this bum inch his way down the field 5-7 yards at a time and think that's good enough
This is the longest completion of the night, which was actually a horrible late underthrow that would be an easy 6 for nearly any other starting QB in the league
Nabers was insanely open and has to stop and wait for the ball like an outfielder tracking a fly ball

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
What hurt us was the bogus 15-yard face mask penalty called on Bellinger, when the Dallas defender was the one actually pulling Bellinger's face mask.

And Wandale's height. That should have been a TD on that last drive, but he was too short to haul it in :francis:

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jones is complete dogshyt and will continue to hold the team back until they make a change
Idk how anyone can watch this bum inch his way down the field 5-7 yards at a time and think that's good enough
This is the longest completion of the night, which was actually a horrible late underthrow that would be an easy 6 for nearly any other starting QB in the league
Nabers was insanely open and has to stop and wait for the ball like an outfielder tracking a fly ball

He still has giants fans caping for him :smh:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Keep in mind that this is the same Giants team that lost a game where they scored 3 offensive TDs and held the other side to zero TDs of any kind this season.

Anyway, I'm just saying he didn't cost y'all the game. He wasn't why you lost. To me, an effective QB doesn't HAVE to be the reason we win. He just can't be why we lose.

Understandably, you want him to be the reason you won because a good amount of things went right for the Giants last night that typically don't go right, so the table was set for Jones to take the W.

On the drive where they had their last realistic chance -- because the game was over once Nabers was ruled out -- Jones made good throws that his WRs could have made plays on (and supposedly, NYG's WRs lead the league in drops or dropped pass percentage). Making a good throw for your guy in late-game moments is the extent of his job in that situation.

I'd also say that I think it's wild that Daniel Jones -- who is not what I'd call a good QB or whatever -- catches so much heat for his struggles when the Giants have fukked this man's development at nearly every turn. They just now got him a bonafide WR1. When they could have kept Saquon, they showed him the door. Won't even get into the OL mess.

Again, there's not much impressive about Daniel Jones. But the Giants front office itself has admitted it failed to adequately support him from a surrounding cast standpoint.
Long pass to Nabers in the 1Q that went viral because of the double move was underthrown and should've been 6

Long pass to Slayton in the 1st half on the free play (Dallas offsides penalty) was underthrown and should've been 6

Even the Hail Mary at the end was an ugly pop up.

And if it’s a confidence or mechanics thing…ok, but nobody has time for that. It’s year 6, you have weapons and jobs are on the line, including his. You either got it or you don’t.

O-line has given him the cleanest pockets of his career so far this season…much improved, so credit to the new coach there. Run blocking is the issue now, not pass protection.

Daboll and Schoen need to go.
It’s tough, man. It’d be ideal to see Daboll with a true QB here at least once, but will we get him this offseason?

Have Schoen and Daboll been terrible? No, but having to do another re-org knowing this regime was left to pick up the pieces of a shyt show might give them grace anyway. Plus you see how tough it is to build. Organization desperately needs stability.

Last edited:

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Long pass to Nabers in the 1Q that went viral because of the double move was underthrown and should've been 6

Long pass to Slayton in the 1st half on the free play (Dallas offsides penalty) was underthrown and should've been 6

And if it’s a confidence or mechanics thing…ok, but nobody has time for that. It’s year 6, you have weapons and jobs are on the line, including his. You either got it or you don’t.

O-line has given him the cleanest pockets of his career so far this season…much improved, so credit to the new coach there. Run blocking is the issue now, not pass protection.

It’s tough, man. It’d be ideal to see Daboll with a true QB here at least once, but will we get him this offseason?

Have Schoen and Daboll been terrible? No, but having to do another re-org knowing this regime was left to pick up the pieces of a shyt show might give them grace anyway. Plus you see how tough it is to build. Organization desperately needs stability.
I feel you. What you’re saying isn’t unreasonable at all. However, I don’t believe that Schoen knows how to actually build a team, whether that be through the draft or free agency. Imagine how good this team would look with Pickens instead of WanDale or Joey Porter Jr instead of Banks. As far as Daboll, I can’t respect his lack of aggression. He’s calling these games so that we lose “respectably” and that’s bullshyt to me.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC

I mentioned that his deep ball was atrocious.

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens

Great point and even greater breakdown of this here:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Looking like the Giants might not have Nabers this Sunday. Geno is gonna come in and absolutely boat race the Giants.
Good time to see Hyatt finally get reps, at least.

Definitely don’t need Nabers going out there getting trucked by Witherspoon and crew for no good reason.