[12/27/23] AEW Dynamite: Continental Classic Semfinals; Will the Puttys actually have a match this time?

Who advances to the Continental Classic Finals (choose 1 from Blue, 1 from Gold)?

• Gold: Jay White

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Gold: Jon Moxley

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Gold: Swerve Strickland

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Blue: Bryan Danielson

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Blue: Eddie Kingston

Votes: 16 64.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

GCE5E16XcAAdzei

GCFa5ivXQAA5fXb

GCFc6VEWQAEiV7l

GCKHl0IXUAAERBp

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Voted for Mox but guessing White could be an option as well for the gold league. Danielson going to Tokyo for WK pretty much cements Kingston winning blue because I think even Snowman would say no due to injury risks.

Also, how are we going to have a thread title with Puttys and not include some gifs?

tumblr_mmv0a8AYbf1rmgz8no1_400.gif

PUTTY%2BJAZZ%2BHANDS.gif

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I voted Moxley and Kingston. Originally was going to go with White vs. Kingston, but I liked the idea of playing up Eddie running thru the BCC.

Moxley gets the pin on Jay White. Can’t have Swerve eating two pins to Mox in this. Switch got the pin over Mox next week so makes sense to have Jay eat it this time.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I think Tony Khan wants to give us a "here y'all, damn" story of Moxley & Danielson reaching a head to head climax to see who is the hardest member of the the BBC.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I think Tony Khan wants to give us a "here y'all, damn" story of Moxley & Danielson reaching a head to head climax to see who is the hardest member of the the BBC.
I don't put it past Tony to be that dumb, but that story has been told twice already. Mox beat Dragon in the match that created the BCC and then he beat him again at Grand Slam last year for the vacant AEW title.

I guess he could do the third match to finally make Danielson win but it doesn't feel as fitting as Eddie beating Danielson in the semis.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I don't put it past Tony to be that dumb, but that story has been told twice already. Mox beat Dragon in the match that created the BCC and then he beat him again at Grand Slam last year for the vacant AEW title.

I guess he could do the third match to finally make Danielson win but it doesn't feel as fitting as Eddie beating Danielson in the semis.
You just upped the ante...even though the series isn't tied (and most fans wouldn't remember anyway), Tony Khan can bill this as a rubber match between Moxley and Danielson. Billing a match as a trilogy is easily worth an extra Meltzer star, and Meltzer stars are second only to cocaine in Tony Khan's mind.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
You just upped the ante...even though the series isn't tied (and most fans wouldn't remember anyway), Tony Khan can bill this as a rubber match between Moxley and Danielson. Billing a match as a trilogy is easily worth an extra Meltzer star, and Meltzer stars are second only to cocaine in Tony Khan's mind.
Tbh Tony is more of a sucker for things like Eddie finally getting past Danielson and then having to face his "only friend in AEW" in Mox, plus running the gauntlet on the BCC :yeshrug:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Tbh Tony is more of a sucker for things like Eddie finally getting past Danielson and then having to face his "only friend in AEW" in Mox, plus running the gauntlet on the BCC :yeshrug:
Gross. We'll see, but If Bryan Danielson goes from facing the Tribal Chief to counting the lights for a flabby Irishman, then that means his stock has plummeted past Hell.
:francis: