[12/2/23] AEW Collision: C2 matchups including Claudio vs. Brody for first place in Blue League, Garcia vs. Andrade, Danielson vs. Kingston

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps

And I just now realized there is a Continental Classic microsite that has the standings and stuff updated :blessed:

SCR-20231202-kgum.png

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
One nice touch in the Danielson/Kingston matchup is that Ol' Irish Eddie didn't give cut the usual AEW "I want you at 100% for our match" promo in the lead up. It makes zero sense to want to want your opposition at full strength when there are high stakes (i.e. a championship) involved; and it's totally in Kingston's "realistic" character to want to face a handicapped opponent.
Good stuff.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
One nice touch in the Danielson/Kingston matchup is that Ol' Irish Eddie didn't give cut the usual AEW "I want you at 100% for our match" promo in the lead up. It makes zero sense to want to want your opposition at full strength when there are high stakes (i.e. a championship) involved; and it's totally in Kingston's "realistic" character to want to face a handicapped opponent.
Good stuff.
Facts. One of my favorite characters from DS9, Garak with one of his many quotables...

Odo: "You would shoot a man in the back?"
Garak: "It's the safest way, isn't it?"

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Facts. One of my favorite characters from DS9, Garak with one of his many quotables...

Odo: "You would shoot a man in the back?"
Garak: "It's the safest way, isn't it?"
Imagine a "real sports" coach, athlete, GM, etc. passing up a higher chance at winning because the opponent wasn't 100 percent. Can you imagine Bill Belichick asking the League to postpone a game because Mike Tomlin had the flu?
I even vaguely remember reading about a Bruce Lee (maybe another martial artist) interview where he was asked about kicking a man when he's down. Bruce's response: "can you think of a better time?"
That "I want you at your best" stuff is silly. Unless your opponent is in hospice, then proceed with the match!

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Imagine a "real sports" coach, athlete, GM, etc. passing up a higher chance at winning because the opponent wasn't 100 percent. Can you imagine Bill Belichick asking the League to postpone a game because Mike Tomlin had the flu?
I even vaguely remember reading about a Bruce Lee (maybe another martial artist) interview where he was asked about kicking a man when he's down. Bruce's response: "can you think of a better time?"
That "I want you at your best" stuff is silly. Unless your opponent is in hospice, then proceed with the match!
Pretty much, that's what they (athletes) get paid for. Injuries apart of the game. As a boy, I didn't understand the big deal about MJ Flu Game. I got the touch of the flu as I got older and didn't want to do anything. Yet Jordan went out their and had one of the greatest game of his life. True test of grit and toughness.

I advise anyone who are wrestling fans to watch the beginning of Rocky 3. It's literally everything that modern wrestling is today. David vs Goliath. Baby face vs heel . The comeback. Taking a powder. Ref bump. Selling. Etc. Hell even weapons. Rocky didn't say no fair, he took them gloves off and got his.

Same problem I have with some wrestlers that complain about autograph and pictures etc...it's gone come a time where you gone be at a convention begging for some fan to come to your line once the beauty, muscles, and fame gone. Wrestlers deleting social media cause of trolls etc. Smh. It was a time they were the carny and we were the rube(mark) Heat is fukking good(not x pac or go away heat) but in a I don't care if fans don't like me or "attack" me for post on the social media I'm a heel tyoe Heat. You won. Your getting attention, someone wants to engage with you, whether cheering or booing. Or giving you heart emoji or trying to cancel you in context(in a wrestling sense, if said wrestler is racist etc by all means get em outta here). But men like Sid meanwhile

No wrestlers look like him today. None. He could literally tell you to kick rocks, and mean it. But nope, he understands how the business works. Not this please guys, don't swarm me when asking for autographs.

Regardi injuries, Back then you had to hold onto your spot with everything you have. Now with free agents and guaranteed contracts these folks don't care. That's why the more established wrestlers are turning into the old heads of yester year. Because they still will always feel, not all, Tenure over talent. Those guys hate Logan Paul. Just coming in taking time away from them. Hate mjf, some wrestlers from mlw, who was a bit player in the beginning. Meanwhile guys like guverra had every opportunity handed to him. And fumbled every time to the point when he wrestle Mox, Mox laid down and pretending to sleep cause his chop were so soft

Last edited:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy

The only man to sign his contract and mean it. I don't constantly say that over and over for daps. Swerve never in no drama, or bs. He performs, takes care of business 24/7. Never hear or see him complaining on social media.