11 Hurt in Mass Shooting in Savannah

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Fullscreen button

This image taken from video provided by WJCL shows police responding to the scene of a shooting near Ellis Square in Savannah, Ga., Sunday, May 19, 2024. An argument between two women led to a gunfight that left 11 people hurt in a busy tourist area of Savannah, late Saturday, one of five weekend shootings in the city, authorities said. (WJCL via AP)

This image taken from video provided by WJCL shows police responding to the scene of a shooting near Ellis Square in Savannah, Ga., Sunday, May 19, 2024. An argument between two women led to a gunfight that left 11 people hurt in a busy tourist area of Savannah, late Saturday, one of five weekend shootings in the city, authorities said. (WJCL via AP)© Provided by The Associated Press

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — An argument between two women led to a gunfight that left 11 people hurt in a busy tourist area of Savannah, Georgia, late Saturday, one of five weekend shootings in the city, two of which were fatal, authorities said.

Two people were injured in separate shootings Friday. Two more shootings Saturday resulted in two deaths. Then came the gunfire just before midnight Saturday near Savannah's Ellis Square.

The shooting broke out as two women argued in an area business, according to Police Chief Lenny Gunther, who didn't name the establishment.

"One shot rang out. That triggered other individuals to shoot,” he said. “We had multiple individuals discharge their weapons to shoot at each other, which resulted in multiple people getting shot.”

Ten of the 11 injured were hit by gunfire. Authorities did not say what caused the 11th injury. Victims were treated at the scene and “several” were taken to a hospital, police said. None of the injuries appeared life threatening.

Mayor Van Johnson said a proliferation of guns was a factor in the shootings and that reasonable gun control laws are needed. He also stressed the need for gun owners to keep their weapons from being stolen and for people carrying guns to know how and when to use them.

“We have to insist on smart gun laws,” Johnson said at a Sunday news conference. “And then, on the other end, we have to insist that people act responsibly with those weapons.”

:francis: C-Port still with the shyts and on a different note, I swear jawns from the south are wild different.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
As long as humans have drank alcohol while carrying fire there has been needless violence because of it

Braman

Superstar
Daps
At least no deaths. Firing into crowds is demonic.

Gun advocates don’t have an answer for this. ‘I carry just in case :obama:‘. As if you gon be taking 10 steps and draw in a deserted saloon :beli:

And tbh gun owners are basically cowards. I’ve never in my life been in a situation where I ‘need a gun’. Nggas be scared of getting they ass beat