$100 Billion Boys Club

lib123

All Star
Daps

4 years ago Bezos was alone above $100B. Now there are 14.

"Together, these 14 individuals boast a combined net worth of $2 trillion, a staggering figure that underscores the concentration of wealth: a mere 0.5% of the world’s 2,781 billionaires now hold 14% of all billionaire wealth."

:wow:

PS - Let's help a breh (my cousin) get on this list. Check out his apps. HyroFits especially, it's good for finding clothes for yourself or as gifts. And if you're looking for clothes or other stuff you can't find, post it on HyroVault. Vault is like a reverse-classifieds app where buyers post things they want.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Yes and keep in mind that is due to their companies wealth. They don't have that money liquid. I wonder what sort of economic ramifications would occur if all 14 of them tried to turn their wealth into liquid cash all at once?

They would crash the stock. That’s a big fear with Tesla. Elon funded his expansion of SpaceX and the Twitter acquisition by borrowing a lot of money against his Tesla shares. If Tesla got around $50 or lower, he would get a margin call and forced to offload shares to cover his loans.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imagine waking up being worth $100 billion. Euphoria.

:blessed:
I think there are diminishing returns at a certain point....

from a materialistic standpoint there is no difference between the guy worth 1 bil(maybe even a fraction of that) and the guy worth 100 bil. They all live the same lifestyle.

Once they hit a certain net worth they are just competing with each other, the actual money and what they do with it isn't really relevant.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Yes and keep in mind that is due to their companies wealth. They don't have that money liquid. I wonder what sort of economic ramifications would occur if all 14 of them tried to turn their wealth into liquid cash all at once?
They really need to find a way to quantify wealth better. Only a couple of those guys are diversified enough that they would be a the same status without the company valuation.

The real richest people in the world are state connected, not corporate connected.

lib123

All Star
Daps
I think there are diminishing returns at a certain point....

from a materialistic standpoint there is no difference between the guy worth 1 bil(maybe even a fraction of that) and the guy worth 100 bil. They all live the same lifestyle.

Once they hit a certain net worth they are just competing with each other, the actual money and what they do with it isn't really relevant.

Yeah true but the mental aspect of “damn I’m worth $100 billion” must be something.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why i see it as "make belief". The net worth is calculated based on the price per share on the public market. But it's easier to find a buyer for one share at that price than to find buyer for say 30% of the company at that same price per share. And if you can't find a buyer for the whole thing at that price, can we really say the company is worth "market price per share" X "shares outstanding"? And if not, the whole networth calculation falls apart...