1 Multiple Vitamin or Multiple Vitamins. What is better?

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So, I went to the Health Food Store and saw NOW: ADAM, it includes CoQ10, Saw Palmetto, etc. and I got to thinking, what is better generally? Is it better to take 1 multi-vitamin or to take 1 pill of CoQ10, 1 pill of Saw Palmetto, 1 pill of Zinc, etc. Obviously, a multi-vitamin is more convenient, but let's assume that money is of no concern, and you don't mind having a whole bunch of pill bottles. What will give you the most benefits? 1 Multi-Vitamin, or Multiple Vitamins (assuming that they are all the same brand of vitamins)?

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I take a optimum nutrition multi and several other vitamins. Fish oil, zinc, vitamin e, vitamin d3, and glutamine

So I'd recommend a combo but I'm a bigger dude so I assume my body needs more nutrients than what the label suggests

Plus you just piss out the extra anyway and the toxicity levels of most vitamins are stupid high amounts

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for the suggestion. I just got my blood labs back yesterday and some things were out of range (some hi and some lo). Doctor just recommended taking some vitamins, nothing else (i.e. follow-up tests or diagnoses)

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I take a multi called 'vita freak' mainly because they stopped selling animal pak at uk amazon for some reason. I had tried one called myovite which had a great profile but it gave me stomach issues. I also was using the optimum multi but I got a bad cold while using it, and this may sound silly but if I get something like a cold while taking a multi I sack it and buy another. I never got a bug while on animal pak.

I also use animal flex,and animal omega and a cycle support supplement as I also use something under the counter.