[1/10/24] AEW Dynamite/Rampage Homecoming: Return to Daily’s Place; TK “One of the most important shows in our short history”

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
So we got Sammy vs Ricky. Could be good but I don't like that this involves Jericho.

And what happens with Claudio and Page? Which ome takes the L?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I don't see the benefit, financially or perception, for booking venues that aren't matched with their current attendance. Go the Impact Zone route outside your big PPVs and the atmosphere should improve dramatically and you kill these continual reports.
But a venue like Daily's place is perfect for their current status :dwillhuh:

It has a 2.5k capacity and they are gonna sell it out or come incredibly close to it. Why go even smaller? 2-5k is the limit for TV shows right now for AEW. Only go bigger for PPVs, but there's no need to go even smaller than that, the Impact Zona barely held 1k.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps

It has a 2.5k capacity and they are gonna sell it out or come incredibly close to it. Why go even smaller? 2-5k is the limit for TV shows right now for AEW. Only go bigger for PPVs, but there's no need to go even smaller than that, the Impact Zona barely held 1k.

Also I don't believe it costs them anything to use it.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

Their usual venues have capacities that leave gaping darkened sections and just serve to feed trolls selling headlines at best or demoralizes your roster at worst. So if Daily is about where you feel they should be, then cool that should be the ceiling but leaning towards an Impact Zone more often throughout the year would make for a guaranteed loud and engaging crowd atmosphere which can only help.

I'm just tired of these other venues that we both know they're not going to fill and the only reason seems to be ego or the perception that it makes them look lesser. In reality, having all that taped off gives off that vibe and has unnecessary costs. Healthy competition starts with these seemingly small things and I want them around for a long time

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Their usual venues have capacities that leave gaping darkened sections and just serve to feed trolls selling headlines at best or demoralizes your roster at worst. So if Daily is about where you feel they should be, then cool that should be the ceiling but leaning towards an Impact Zone more often throughout the year would make for a guaranteed loud and engaging crowd atmosphere which can only help.

I'm just tired of these other venues that we both know they're not going to fill and the only reason seems to be ego or the perception that it makes them look lesser. In reality, having all that taped off gives off that vibe and has unnecessary costs. Healthy competition starts with these seemingly small things and I want them around for a long time
What do you not understand about Impact Zone being too damn small? AEW's worst draws ever would easily sell out that place.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
What do you not understand about Impact Zone being too damn small? AEW's worst draws ever would easily sell out that place.
1 I'm going to need you to fix your tone Cattle, you seem to have me confused with someone else. As far as the rest, I've literally explained the reasoning twice now and @Jmare007 pointed out a venue like Dailys would work better, which I agreed to.

The point is purposefully booking smaller venues where the sellout is taken for granted with a raucous crowd instead of what we've seen the past year or so. It's not complicated.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Mercedes Moné better be debuting with TK saying one of the most important Dynamites ever.

If not, he better have some other good trick up his sleeve that no one knows anything about (or at least no one that leaks knows anything about).