Zo Williams Show on the "Beauty Industrial Complex" AKA black women economics of beauty

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
zo was boring 6 six yrs ago and hes even more boring now...i hate his cameo stash also

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Good listen. Some interesting stuff said. Zoe keeps some nice looking women on his panel.

Margo breh :noah:

418125c9af57c941ccabbfb66748b938.wix_mp_256
ed5c5ea5719511008666ea4aa7a45b0f.wix_mp_256

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
The women on the panel blaming Black men again, so predictable. The women on the panel using the "White women do it too" argument, completely ignoring the sista that was speaking the truth on the phone. .

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Decent interview.

Not once have I ever heard a black man who made a black woman wear a wig, weave or perm. They are taught to wear that shyt, but not by us black men. Usually it's the the white man/woman or their own black mother/grandmother that makes them wear that shyt.

This hair debate shyt is tired.
We all know why they wear it, who makes them wear it and for what reasons.

There are much better issues to tackle, like the union of the black family, system prison complex, police brutality, abortions and etc.

The surface discussion was about self hate, but they also touched on the economic aspect of it (specifically when they showed clips from the documentary), which ties to the prison industrial complex. When black people don't control their own industries, we're left to the mercy of a racist, white supremacist system to employ us. And because this system was designed to keep black people economically disadvantaged, you have a lot of black men who ultimately resort to crime to provide income for themselves.

The average mandatory sentence for a non violent drug offense in the US is 5-10 years, and the majority of black people incarcerated are for non violent drug offenses. If you want to reduce the number of incarcerated black men and reduce the violence in a lot of these areas, provide economic opportunities for black men.

Black people need to accept the fact that just like Drake said, mahfukkas never loved us. And until we start to collectively do for self, we'll remain weak and under attack.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
The surface discussion was about self hate, but they also touched on the economic aspect of it (specifically when they showed clips from the documentary), which ties to the prison industrial complex. When black people don't control their own industries, we're left to the mercy of a racist, white supremacist system to employ us. And because this system was designed to keep black people economically disadvantaged, you have a lot of black men who ultimately resort to crime to provide income for themselves.

The average mandatory sentence for a non violent drug offense in the US is 5-10 years, and the majority of black people incarcerated are for non violent drug offenses. If you want to reduce the number of incarcerated black men and reduce the violence in a lot of these areas, provide economic opportunities for black men.

Black people need to accept the fact that just like Drake said, mahfukkas never loved us. And until we start to collectively do for self, we'll remain weak and under attack.

Amen.
I agree bro.