Xbox One cloud servers offer equivalent to 600% AI processing boost

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/01/xbox-one-cloud-servers-deliver-600-percent-extra-ai-processing-p/

"Microsoft already talked up how the cloud component of its Xbox One console will work, but now we're hearing of the benefits from the dev's side. The verdict is certainly positive so far, with Dan Greenawalt, creative director for Forza 5, extolling its virtues, citing it as a "tremendous opportunity" in a recent interview with OXM. His team has been using it to take care of a lot of the AI elements in the game -- such as its Drivatar system -- which he claims would usually take up about 10 - 20 percent of the console's processing power. By letting the cloud deal with it, however, it can spill out into much greater complexity, with Greenawalt claiming a boost equivalent to "600 percent" of the actual Xbox's brains. This, in turn, freeing up the 10 - 20 percent it would have used for something else. Bold statement, of course, but with the early signals looking good, this is one feature we're glad still made the cut."

:jawalrus:

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
Cloud is so dope :noah:

600% AI processing boost :noah:

Throughout my whole gaming career, I've always said this:

"You know what would make this game better? Better AI processing"

That's such a good selling point :ahh:
In all seriousness. The Last of us could have used better A.I. but most of the cpu cycles went toward the Graphics. And before you try to say Im knocking the game, it is a great game that could have been better with great A.I.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
I can't wait to show a game to my friends and be like "look how smart the AI is, its 600% better from the 360" :win:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The AI in the last of us had to be dumbed down to help players. win. I dont see how making it 600 percent is going ot make a difference. Sadly, the cloud is a gimmick that Microsoft is able to make their consumers believe means something tangible, but it doesnt. :sadbron:

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
I can't wait to show a game to my friends and be like "look how smart the AI is, its 600% better from the 360" :win:
Lol Obviously you dont know how the MS will use the cloud. Its not going to used on Latency sensitive stuff.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In all seriousness. The Last of us could have used better A.I. but most of the cpu cycles went toward the Graphics. And before you try to say Im knocking the game, it is a great game that could have been better with great A.I.
The Last of Us AI is better than most games I've played. If you're talking about how your ally seems to be invisible to the enemy, that was intentional as making them aware would mess up gameplay(i.e. someone's stealth playthrough getting messed up.)