X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX and NEW MUTANTS get new dates in 2019

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Not surprising. Yall know exactly why this is happening.

YyHnofe.gif

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Damn. Not all that surprised about New Mutants after reading up on it but I kind of am about Dark Phoenix.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
nope.gif

By the time it's released the Fox/Disney deal should be complete. So it would go on the Disney streaming service.
Fox can make the deal well before that:ufdup:

And if New Mutants is a horror movie like the creators say it is, the shyt isn’t going on the Disney streaming service. They have said they are only putting family friend programming on it, with mature content going to Hulu.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't the New Mutants movie already go back and do reshoots adding a whole new character to the movie? :mjlol:

It's the movie no one was asking for anyway, but I agree, Disney probably said :ufdup: "hold up and let's finish this transaction first, stop ruining our material".

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna miss seeing my GOAT superhero squad in the limelight for a minute... but after Apocalypse ( :picard: ) Maybe that's for the best.
Best case scenario is that the rights go back to Marvel before they're able to release the movies and that Marvel decides to do their own take on X-men and New Mutants instead.

That would probably be better for the former, since they definitely wouldn't want to do Dark Phoenix if Fox botches it twice. The thought of a Phase 4 or 5 building up to a proper Dark Phoenix Saga (accurate to the comics) :banderas:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
nope.gif

By the time it's released the Fox/Disney deal should be complete. So it would go on the Disney streaming service.

If the Fox/Disney deal goes through there's no way either of these see the light of day.

Fred.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
If the Fox/Disney deal goes through there's no way either of these see the light of day.

Fred.
giphy.gif

Burying a tentpole movie is unheard of. Fox has put in at least $250 million budget into both films. Without reshoots. Fox or Disney will release them to recoup their money at the least. Though we're probably looking at another $100 mil in marketing...

The benefits of introducing the X-men to the MCU a year earlier isn't the same as getting a return on your investment.

And Feige said he's working with what he's got until the deal is confirmed: he has no plans for X-men/fantastic four.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I'm gonna miss seeing my GOAT superhero squad in the limelight for a minute... but after Apocalypse ( :picard: ) Maybe that's for the best.
Best case scenario is that the rights go back to Marvel before they're able to release the movies and that Marvel decides to do their own take on X-men and New Mutants instead.

That would probably be better for the former, since they definitely wouldn't want to do Dark Phoenix if Fox botches it twice. The thought of a Phase 4 or 5 building up to a proper Dark Phoenix Saga (accurate to the comics) :banderas:
Phase 5: house of M - Or maybe Jean causes Decimation.
And then in phase 6 x-men is basically the messiah trilogy.
leading up to a better Avengers vs X-men.

There are casualties in Avengers vs X-men. Maybe a Schism, leading SHIELD to start the Ultimates program,which is the reverse of ultimate comics: avengers. So an edgy black ops team.

Leading into Avengers vs Ultimates/Death of spiderman.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

Burying a tentpole movie is unheard of. Fox has put in at least $250 million budget into both films. Without reshoots. Fox or Disney will release them to recoup their money at the least. Though we're probably looking at another $100 mil in marketing...

The benefits of introducing the X-men to the MCU a year earlier isn't the same as getting a return on your investment.

And Feige said he's working with what he's got until the deal is confirmed: he has no plans for X-men/fantastic four.

The money Fox spent on this movie prior to the merger doesn't affect Disney at all. And if the merger goes through and Disney decides to shelve both movies, there's nothing Fox can do about it.

At some point the X-Men will be incorporated into the MCU (pending the merger, obviously) and there's no way in hell they're going to use the same cast as the rest of the series. They didn't even want to use the same Spider-Man actor. X-Men will get a reboot.

And yeah Feige said he has no plans for an X-Men movie....that =/= they're going to release an X-Men movie with the old cast if the merger goes through. shyt is the definition of hustling backwards.

Fred.