Wrestlers who Vince has "strapped the rocket" to for a huge push

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
Who would you add or remove from this list, IMO these are the only guys who Vince and WWE have been completely behind in the post-Hogan era for a lengthly period of time in terms of attempting to push them as THE GUY, putting every ounce of creative and marketing behind them to make them the new face of the WWE at one point or another.

Hulk Hogan
Ultimate Warrior
Diesel
Shawn Michaels
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
Kurt Angle
Brock Lesnar
John Cena
Roman Reigns

Obviously, more often than not, when Cokeboy goes ALL IN on someone he usually hits rather than misses, but it looks like Reigns is going to fall into the Kliq failure category rather than being successful like the others.
full

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Id remove HBK, Austin, & Rock. None of them got that Superman push like Reigns/Cena/Warrior/Hogan

I'd add Khali, dude legit made The Undertaker his bytch for months

James Dean

All Star
Daps
Id remove HBK, Austin, & Rock. None of them got that Superman push like Reigns/Cena/Warrior/Hogan

I'd add Khali, dude legit made The Undertaker his bytch for months
IDK

I think every star of this type of discussion had at least one time period of a rocket push.

Austin was late 97-late 98

Rock was late 99-late 00

HBK was late 95-late 96.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
IDK

I think every star of this type of discussion had at least one time period of a rocket push.

Austin was late 97-late 98

Rock was late 99-late 00

HBK was late 95-late 96.
All those guys had already spent years in the midcard putting in work tho.

Their pushes were caused by the fans getting behind them and elevating them to the next level. Similar to Punk & Bryan.

Plus those guys never had the type of matches where they just whooped ass 90% of the match.