Woman Who Purposely Faked 10,000s Of Black Drug Test Results Walks Free From Prison

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Read more: SMH: Woman Who Purposely Faked 10,000s Of Black Drug Test Results Walks Free From Prison | Urban Intellectuals
Follow us: @urbanintellect on Twitter | urbanintellectuals on Facebook

SMH: Woman Who Purposely Faked 10,000s Of Black Drug Test Results Walks Free From Prison
By Forest Parks -

August 30, 2016

Seriously, this country is beyond a mess! Annie Dookhan is walking free, after giving a guilty charge to faking results, giving false testimony and switching drug samples over 9 years working in a state lab. She is thought to have tampered with over 40,000 cases, many black people’s samples, on purpose, and possibly sent up to 20,000 black people to prison.

Her crime has been one of hate, on par with a serial killer, in my humble opinion. Even if every person wrongfully jailed is released she has still killed the lives of many.

And now, Dookhan walks free, thanks to the amazing justice system that’s only given her a 3-5 year slap on the wrist sentence for her heinous crime.1 It seems she may not really server any time at all.

DookhanOutOfJail.jpg

The Boston Glove reported:

Darren Duarte, a department spokesman, wrote in an e-mail Tuesday that Dookhan had been paroled and is no longer in custody at MCI-Framingham, where she had been serving her sentence.

The Parole Board, in a decision dated Feb. 24, found she was a low-risk, nonviolent offender, with no previous record.

“Completed multiple programs and incurred no disciplinary reports,” the board noted in its decision. “Release not incompatible with best interest of society.”

How big a deal was the Dookhan case? These numbers help tell the story.

One member of the board noted that more than 40 letters of support had been submitted on Dookhan’s behalf and that she was “very remorseful.”

I guess this sends a very clear message. Dookan is protected and the lives she destroyed are still worthless.

SHAKE MY HEAD, this is a sham!

Details, Boston Globe: Annie Dookhan, key figure in state lab scandal, released from prison - The Boston Globe

SMH: Woman Who Purposely Faked 10,000s Of Black Drug Test Results Walks Free From Prison | Urban Intellectuals

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I really hate news stories that heavily editorialize the story as if simply telling the story is not enough. I'll read the Boston globe link and go from there.

Edit : chick deserves way more than 3-5 years. Her "dry-labbing" or faking results resulted in people losing their freedom. Anyone from police, lawyers, and in this case lab workers who do not maintain high standards and rigor to assure someone gets a just trial should be imprisioned no less than 10-15 years at least. You might as well be a murderer and deserve to be treated like one.

Last edited:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I didn't read the story but let me guess: A black person would apply for a job. They would then have to take a drug test. And this woman would fake the results to ensure that the black person doesn't get the job?

Edit: Oh wow it's worse than that. People have been sent to prison as a result of her actions. Yikes...

Last edited:

DontDoIt

Innocent Bystander
Supporter
Daps
Man I hate this shyt. How can you have black people go on national TV and claim that we are living in some post racial la la land and even utter the phrase, "all lives matter" when bullshyt like this happens. The woman destroyed countless of black lives and for that she receives 40 letters of support and gets out early.

There's no hope.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I didn't read the story but let me guess: A black person would apply for a job. They would tend have to take a drug test or whatever. And this woman would fake the results to ensure that the black person doesn't get the job?

Edit: Oh wow it's worse than that. People have been sent to prison as a result of her actions. Yikes...
From what I'm reading chick worked for a lab that worked on providing forrensic results for police departments though after this they have stopped using this lab and require the state to perform the tests going forward.

From what I've read so far, not excusing what she did but on her end she is not seeing the defendant and just receiving the evidence for testing. Sounds like she was lazy and faked testing. She was testing 5x the average in a year despite her colleagues saying they never seen her look through a microscope. Not sure about the racial angle in the OP which is why I said I hate editorializing. It wouldn't be a fantastic leap that a great many affected were black give the love of locking black men up in this country but from what little I read this chick just seems to be stupid and lazy and at least those 40k are on the way to having heir cases possibly thrown out.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is life really that precious? That you or I would be forced to do years for the smallest of crimes....while pedophiles, , rapists and sick demented black hearted wenches like this woman get slaps on the wrist.

A crime like hers she was never supposed to come home. Purposely falsifying drug tests and sending innocent people to jail for years?