Will someone explain to me the ending of What's eating Gilbert Grape

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What happened to the their sisters at the end?I saw Gilbert and Arnie leave with his girlfriend but they didn't say anything about the sisters did they?

Why couldn't they have just got 5 or 6 men to drag his mom downstairs at the end?

So he just sets fire to the house with his mom in it? You can't do that. :heh: Gilberts ass should have been thrown in jail.

Great movie(it's on Netflix) but wtf at that ending.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
What happened to the their sisters at the end?I saw Gilbert and Arnie leave with his girlfriend but they didn't say anything about the sisters did they?

Why couldn't they have just got 5 or 6 men to drag his mom downstairs at the end?

So he just sets fire to the house with his mom in it? You can't do that. :heh: Gilberts ass should have been thrown in jail.

Great movie(it's on Netflix) but wtf at that ending.
White trash privilege. :mjpls:

Actually there's an alternate ending where Gilbert IS charged with arson and murder, gets sent upstate, meanwhile Arnie gets sent away to a retard asylum where is he is constantly tested and tortured by crazy doctors. The sisters are never mentioned and are believed to be a figment of Gilberts imagination.