Why is New York City considered the Basketball "Mecca" when the Knicks only have 2 championships...

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
... over a 3 year span in the 70s, and most of the "legends" from the city never live up to their hype when they go up against ball players from the rest of the country in college and the NBA?

I'll give them Kareem, Connie Hawkins, and Bob Cousy (:mjlol:)...

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Rucker, Dykeman, there's Bball courts everywhere in NYC, it's the most popular sport to play in the city.

That basketball court near the West 4th subway station always have a crowd of people watching them play ball even though nobody famous or in the NBA plays there.

Last edited:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Rucker, Dykeman, there's Bball courts everywhere in NYC, it's the most popular to play in the city.

That basketball court near the West 4th subway station always have a crowd of people watching them play ball even though nobody famous or in the NBA plays there.

This guy said, new york has a lot of basketball courts, that's why new york is the mecca lol

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
... over a 3 year span in the 70s, and most of the "legends" from the city never live up to their hype when they go up against ball players from the rest of the country in college and the NBA?

I'll give them Kareem, Connie Hawkins, and Bob Cousy (:mjlol:)...

Chris Mullin and Bernard King too :hubie:

MSG is called the Mecca, it's why dudes always seem to have big performances there.

As for NYC and producing talent, it still pumps out the most D1 talent in the country, the problem is guys don't hit that next level like dudes from Chicago. For whatever reason development of players in NYC is terrible now when it comes to producing NBA star level players while Chicago has a production line of MVP caliber players coming out of there.