Why dont more black men become cops?

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
With all this blm and protests that lead to no results why dont you join the police force yourself? With more blacks as cops there is a less chance of being harassed and shot while unarmed. The irish were harrassed by cops when they were in the hoods but they changed that by joining the force by the thousands. And same with italians.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because individual police officers are just agents of mass-incarceration and the prison-industrial complex; they cannot actively change it in small numbers.
There would need to be genuine power held by Black cops determined to change their role in the system, as in they would need to be the Chiefs of Police in major areas, the heads of the police union, as well as the investigators in the Department of Justice. Not only that, but they would need political power at the state and federal level, both on the judiciary and the legislature.
And police departments discriminate in their hiring of Black cops, especially if they don't "fit in" to the "brotherhood" of silence.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd rather see gangs protect neighborhoods like they were made to do, before I see more brothers join a force that was created to oppress us. I will admit that I might be talking crazy out of my hate for cops. :yeshrug:
Even when gangs were "protecting" areas, they were still engaged in crime, corruption, violence against members of their own community, etc.
Don't let those old heads with rose-coloured nostalgia have you thinking old-school gangs were these effective crime-fighting task forces and protectors; they would beat up people from other neighborhoods, but they were also still running into houses, robbing stores, raping women, and occasionally killing people in their own community.

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.
Even when gangs were "protecting" areas, they were still engaged in crime, corruption, violence against members of their own community, etc.
Don't let those old heads with rose-coloured nostalgia have you thinking old-school gangs were these effective crime-fighting task forces and protectors; they would beat up people from other neighborhoods, but they were also still running into houses, robbing stores, raping women, and occasionally killing people in their own community.

No doubt, breh. What you're saying is true. That's why I was sure I said I'd rather see gangs do what they were "made to do" and not how the use to do.

Last edited:

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I first heard about the clan infiltrating the police forces and government jobs is was like.:ohhh:

I once mentioned this in a thread about a police shooting and I cant put a number on how many excuses these dudes had and how much I was called out of my name.

I'm like you dont want any face that look like yours policing you? shyt was mind blowing.

In light of all the police shooting happening. I was talking to my friends younger cousin(17) and suggested he be an officer this fool said the only cop he'd be is a corrupt one.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Because individual police officers are just agents of mass-incarceration and the prison-industrial complex; they cannot actively change it in small numbers.
There would need to be genuine power held by Black cops determined to change their role in the system, as in they would need to be the Chiefs of Police in major areas, the heads of the police union, as well as the investigators in the Department of Justice. Not only that, but they would need political power at the state and federal level, both on the judiciary and the legislature.
And police departments discriminate in their hiring of Black cops, especially if they don't "fit in" to the "brotherhood" of silence.
This is untrue.

A lot of minor BS could be avoided with black cops.

The answer isn't more white cops who don't understand black issues.

Daps
Simple. We aren't dumb or stoic enough to dominate a police force as officers. Even the most block headed black person has a heart and that's not a good trait to be Jake in this current state.