Why Do You Think Stylish Action Games Died Out This Gen?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
i'm talking about games like devil may cry, bayonetta, ninja gaiden, or even a unique beast like god hand on the current gen ps4/xbone (wii u is last gen so bayo 2 doesn't count). this gen is missing a lot of deep combat systems that you can really experiment with.

from what I gather, most of these games sold pretty well, into the millions, last gen and the gen before that. nier auomata is the closest thing current gen will have to a stylish action game but its the only one. so why have they all but died out this gen?

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
DmC
Devil May Cry 4
Darksiders 1 and 2

Were all remastered for current gen. Those are our only options so far (as far as I know). Ninja Theory, and Platinum Games both have games coming out this year, as well as the new God of War. Ninja Gaiden series is basically dead along with Darksiders. Capcom outsourced the last DMC to Ninja Theory so I doubt we'll see a new one from either of them anytime soon

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
DmC
Devil May Cry 4
Darksiders 1 and 2

Were all remastered for current gen. Those are our only options so far (as far as I know). Ninja Theory, and Platinum Games both have games coming out this year, as well as the new God of War. Ninja Gaiden series is basically dead along with Darksiders. Capcom outsourced the last DMC to Ninja Theory so I doubt we'll see a new one from either of them anytime soon

DMC4:SE has been holding me down :whew: I've had the game for six months and I'm still learning new things everytime I play :whoo: I honestly think it's the best pure action game ever made

god of war is tryna be uncharted/last of us. I doubt we can expect deep, stylish combat in that game :heh:

sad to see team ninja wasting their talents on dark souls inspired trash like nioh :snoop: anything dark souls-esque is scust to me because of the weak ass, mechically shallow combat in those games mang:scust:

another ninja gaiden woulda been :ahh: