WHY DO NEW cartoons look like they were made on ADOBE FLASH?

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it just me or do most of these new cartoons look like they were made on adobe flash?

look at how stylistic older cartoons were...

now lets compare them to the modern day versions that look like flash animations

yes the new cartoons look sharper, but the flat colour, the adobe flash animation look is terrible.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
It's not necessarily the technology, it's that today's animation supervisors/directors are obsessed with being as on-model as possible as opposed to expressiveness, and the advanced computer technology makes it easier to do so. As a result, a lot of shyt is flat, even though it's polished. The Simpsons intro is a prime example:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not necessarily the technology, it's that today's animation supervisors/directors are obsessed with being as on-model as possible as opposed to expressiveness, and the advanced computer technology makes it easier to do so. As a result, a lot of shyt is flat, even though it's polished. The Simpsons intro is a prime example:

very interesting, i think the last cartoon i liked the look of was boondocks.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been saying this shyt for ages, is not just cartoons most anime look like shyt now, I stopped Dragon Ball super at like episode 5 o 6 because they finally had a fight and it look like someone vomited paint on the screen :hhh:
some of the animation i seen in the new dragonball is diabolical

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait, did you really post footage from Spider-Man the Animated series as an example of good animation? The animation on that show was fukking trash.

The New Adventures of Batman had solid animation, they just changed the art style to the one used by the show runner Bruce Timm and to better integrate it with Superman at the wider DCAU.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wait, did you really post footage from Spider-Man the Animated series as an example of good animation? The animation on that show was fukking trash.

The New Adventures of Batman had solid animation, they just changed the art style to the one used by the show runner Bruce Timm and to better integrate it with Superman at the wider DCAU.
breh you musta lost all factions of your mind

for the 90's it was amazing, had spiderman zipping thru a 3d manhattan, also the actual art is amazing even now, and the animation is just fine.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

for the 90's it was amazing, had spiderman zipping thru a 3d manhattan, also the actual art is amazing even now, and the animation is just fine.
Nah, go back and watch it. A lotta recycled cuts, assy artwork and jerky animation. Not to mention all of the times they artificially sped things up.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The art style was fine, but the animation was trash. They reused the same shyt over and over again. There's like one explosion in particular that they used in every other episode. Then they had those slowed down or sped up reaction animations.