Who was the most miserable of these 'The Wire' characters?

Who was the most miserable of these 'The Wire' characters?

• Monk

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Donette

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Frank Sobotka

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • De'Londa Brice

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Officer Walker

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Officer Colicchio

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Clive42

All Star
Daps
I know its a very random idea for a thread about The Wire, but after seeing the bit on TV recently where McNulty visits Donette, it kinda reminded me of how much of a miserable character she was imo.

Mostly never smiled, always had the same look on her face, hardly showed any emotion whatsoever, especially during the tragic event of a certain character (who I will not name cos it doesnt look like I can add spoilers on here). Only time she showed any emotion was during a tragic event surrounding another character and even that was only shown in the season finale montage. Not tryna diss the character or anything, just an observation

Anyway who was the most miserable of these characters?

Monk
The_Wire_Monk.jpg

Donette
latest

Frank Sobotka
The_Wire_Frank_Sobotka.jpg

De'Londa Brice
latest

Officer Walker
latest

Officer Colicchio

Note, Ive left off characters who were miserable for obvious reasons like Michael Lee in Season 4, McNulty's wife and very minor characters like the school receptionist who couldnt pronounce Prezbo's name or the schoolgirl who slapped Zenobia

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
True. i did always feel for him. However despite all the bad things that happened to him, he was never really miserable
Nobody gave him love except when Michael stuck up for him. Couldn't run the corner, couldn't fight, was good on the computer but that c*nt principal wouldn't let him rock, got punked by the runt of the pack, girl puttin him on blast for smelling in class and in the end...got turned out by some metal slanger and became a victim of the game.
Watching him crack those half smiles like everything was alright was heartbreaking.
He was a good lil breh :mjcry:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Dolonda!!! Omg watching the new edition movie & how she was damn near the same fukking person!! Naymond didn't wanna be like his daddy but her ass forced that one him, ole bytch. But imma throw in that dikk headed cop too, he stayed fukking with the kids for no reason.

That lil girl at school who was bullying that other girl gets should be up there too tho. When her ass got cut I was :obama:

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Nobody gave him love except when Michael stuck up for him. Couldn't run the corner, couldn't fight, was good on the computer but that c*nt principal wouldn't let him rock, got punked by the runt of the pack, girl puttin him on blast for smelling in class and in the end...got turned out by some metal slanger and became a victim of the game.
Watching him crack those half smiles like everything was alright was heartbreaking.
He was a good lil breh :mjcry:
Although I watched the entire series about 2 years ago, I knew/know a guy like him... I always felt for him. In ways I wanted to help him out like Prez did and give him clean clothes, but I couldn't... folks used to say he was the smelly dude but I never referred to him as that. I openly would talk to him and acknowledge him as my equal.

Dookie following his family's path broke my heart :sadcam: seeing him shoot up in the finale was so sad.

Clive42

All Star
Daps
Dolonda!!! Omg watching the new edition movie & how she was damn near the same fukking person!! Naymond didn't wanna be like his daddy but her ass forced that one him, ole bytch. But imma throw in that dikk headed cop too, he stayed fukking with the kids for no reason.

That lil girl at school who was bullying that other girl gets should be up there too tho. When her ass got cut I was :obama:

The girl that got cut, I'd probs say she was more of an a$$hole than miserable

And the girl that cut her was def miserable, but I left her off cos it explained she was ina group home and didnt have a very nice life

Am tryna narrow it down to characters who were just naturally miserable or were nasty to ppl for no reason

Milk N Cookies

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
The girl that got cut, I'd probs say she was more of an a$$hole than miserable

And the girl that cut her was def miserable, but I left her off cos it explained she was ina group home and didnt have a very nice life

Am tryna narrow it down to characters who were just naturally miserable or were nasty to ppl for no reason
In that case I'll stick with Delonda.