Who is the worst defensive backcourt in the game right now?

Who is the worst combination of defenders that a team is putting on the court?

• Hield and Afflalo

• Korver and Kyrie

• Harden and Gordon

• Lillard and McCollum

• Clarkson and Young

• Lin and Dinwiddie

• Other

• D'Angelo and Young

Results are only viewable after voting.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I was in a discussion about this and realized there's a lot of candidates out there right now. I'm not necessarily thinking starting backcourts alone, but anyone getting time together. I don't watch all these teams so I might have messed up one of the options.

Pick up to three and feel free to add any I missed.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lillard is abysmal on defense and McCollum isn't much better. Neither seem to give a f*ck about playing defense and as a back court they are very undersized.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Just make this an official lillard and mccollum diss thread and keep it moving...

wonder which one will get traded first :jbhmm:

I wonder if anybody in the league wants an undersized guard who needs to chuck for points and plays no defense though:jbhmm:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Just make this an official lillard and mccollum diss thread and keep it moving...

wonder which one will get traded first :jbhmm:

I wonder if anybody in the league wants an undersized guard who needs to chuck for points and plays no defense though:jbhmm:

Meh, Kyrie and Korver are still in the running.

The Cavs are the only team with TWO guys in the top ten for worst defense as measured by opponent's FG% when guarded. And Kyrie is in the top-10 for fewest shots contested among guys with 30+ minutes.

The difference is that Kyrie can in some situations - read, not pick-and-rolls - play good defense. And Korver in his prime used to play average defense before he got :flabbynsick:. Whereas I'm not sure that Lillard and McCollum have ever learned.

Daps
D'Angelo is the worst defender by a decent margin amongst that group (TS needs to change the Lakers backcourt poll option). So, D'Angelo/Young by default. Even though Swaggy P has been pretty decent on that end this season.

Daps

The Cavs are the only team with TWO guys in the top ten for worst defense as measured by opponent's FG% when guarded. And Kyrie is in the top-10 for fewest shots contested among guys with 30+ minutes.

The difference is that Kyrie can in some situations - read, not pick-and-rolls - play good defense. And Korver in his prime used to play average defense before he got :flabbynsick:. Whereas I'm not sure that Lillard and McCollum have ever learned.
While those stats do give a general defensive overview, it's hard to apply them to PGs (who're drowned out by constant PnR activity - losing assignments as primary defenders) who aren't tasked with allocated defensive duties. especially players who have limited size/height (in regards to shots contested). Those stats are more applicable for defensive anchors (giving more accurate readings), rather than PGs, simply because of how heavy the context is while only giving a small insight into one's defensive impact as a PG. By no means am I saying not to use them at all for PGs, because I use them too, it's just important that the appropriate context is applied. Plus Kyrie seems to pace himself more on defense during the regular season, we saw how much he amped up his defensive activity in the PS - one of the more stronger 1s over that period last season, especialy during the EC-run.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd go with lillard/McCollum but honorable mention to Rose and Lee. Moreso Rose.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Kyrie and Korver don't start together though. Lillard and McCollum are out there together the whole game. If we're just picking random tandems that play together I'd like to nominate Ferrell and Seth Curry in Dallas.