while i'm sure it will surpass it one day, why was there no word of Ant Man doing GREEN LANTERN #s??

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
damn opening weekend:

GL
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend: $53,174,303 [2011 dollars mind you]
(#1 rank, 3,816 theaters, $13,935 average)

Ant Man:
Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend: $57,225,526
(#1 rank, 3,856 theaters, $14,841 average)

which is comporable to GHOSTRIDER numbers

Domestic Summary
Opening Weekend: $45,388,836 [2007 numbers]
(#1 rank, 3,619 theaters, $12,541 average)
% of Total Gross: 39.2%

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
They did a bad job marketing the movie, none of the trailers really sold that movie to the general public.
It also came out a week after minions which is a box office monster in its own rights and that Adam Sandler Pixel movie coming this Friday which I expect to do numbers which is some bad timing.
Also that Amy Shumer movie came out the same week which was getting a heavy push from Hollywood. I know a lot of women who went to see that this weekend, and guess who they took with them?
I fully expect positive word of mouth to carry that movie from now on.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
i can't speak for everyone but the reason i wasn't sold is because flat out it looked like a carbon copy of every other superhero origin movie that's ever been made. that and because i wasn't sold on paul rudd's character. looked like a bore.

effects looked cool though.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
i can't speak for everyone but the reason i wasn't sold is because flat out it looked like a carbon copy of every other superhero origin movie that's ever been made. that and because i wasn't sold on paul rudd's character. looked like a bore.

effects looked cool though.
Actually It wasn't. It approached the genre from a somewhat unique angle. I thought the heist concept for an origins movie was a great ideas. It just felt that this movie came out too late and would have been better during phase 1

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Actually It wasn't. It approached the genre from a somewhat unique angle. I thought the heist concept for an origins movie was a great ideas. It just felt that this movie came out too late and would have been better during phase 1

how did you like paul rudd.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Despite that he is a D/C level character, it was still a good ass movie and brings another comedic element to the Avengers, sets up more characters for Civil War/Infinity Guantlet, and also brings in Wasp and room for Marvel to make a sequel

Honestly, the movie didn't do as well because it wasn't marketed correctly (trailers looked corny but movie was hilarious/entertaining since GOTG), and it came out around the time of Minions, Pixel, and with that wackass Trainwreck movie.

I basically saw it because of word of mouth. I was talking to people who just saw the new Terminator and they was acting like it was the dopest movie ever. When I told them that Antman was good they were like :ehh: but still probably won't go see it off the name alone.

I think the fact that Marvel put this out around a couple other popular movies without a huge character name/actors and wack trailers shows how confident they were in the movie.. And it still was #1

Last edited: