When Did You Realize That You're Supposed To "Eat To Live" Instead Of For Entertainment

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama

Too many people eat for entertainment and not for survival. I recently started eating healthy and strictly monitoring my diet for the first time last year and my body has reaped the benefits of it.

For the first time, I can see my abs and I'm becoming more "cut". I'm seeing more definition in my overall physique since I've cut out certain foods from my diet.

I've always been into working out but I never combined the diet part to it. I could go jogging and on my way home stop at Church's Chicken. I got away with it because I was younger. Now that I'm getting older, I realize that diet is probably MORE important than exercise (60-40 imo). You can do light, moderate exercise but as long as you watch what you eat you can look good.

I eat pretty much the same shyt now for the most part and it takes discipline because I love junk, fatty food like everybody else. I love sweets and sodas.

But now with discipline I've realized that you don't have to LIKE everything you eat. It doesn't have to necessarily TASTE :ahh:

That's called eating for entertainment. We think everything has to taste good. We eat for fun. Greasy, fatty, salty, sugary, fried foods are very "fun" to eat because they taste good. That's how we become addicted to it. Every time we eat, its an event. Think about it. Everything we do something we plan food around it. We eat to entertain ourselves.

Once you realize that's a flawed way of thinking you realize that food is literally just to sustain our bodies and that's it. Modern society has brainwashed us into thinking eating is entertainment.

Not saying you can't eat great tasting food but you gotta get out the mindset of eating for entertainment. The food you put into your body is supposed to nurture and sustain your body and that's it. It doesn't HAVE to taste good as long as it sustains your body to continue living.

So learn what foods are best to sustain and maximize the potential of your physical temple and learn to "eat to live" instead of eating to entertain yourself. :salute:

Tombstone

The Villain
Daps
Reppin
College Park, GA
fukk all that talk when Im high its over:blessed:

I've never really ate sweets though or soda unless its rum and coke. Been like that since I was a youngin. Homies would be eatin candy/ice cream and im eatin tomatoes/cucumber/orange or salad.

Its always some kind of meat and side dish even when I have the munchies. Just bigger portions.

Last edited:
Daps
A decade ago. Just had homemade yam fries. Local sweet corn and broccoli...might sip a kombucha and hit up some hummus.

I eat meat once to twice a week usually. I used to be vegetarian then realized i didnt really care and use the easy protiens