What's With The Load Times This Gen Breh?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
I honestly feel like shyt has regressed since ps3/360 and we're back in the PS1 days with these load times sometimes :dahell:

playing through mass effect andromeda right now and these load times are ridiculous:hamster: FFXV, horizon zero dawn & for honor also had some long ass load times

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
That's literally the only long loading time breh. The others are a couple of seconds at most. Its not comparable in the slightest to something like FFXV.
what ps3/360 games you played that had an opening load almost 3 minutes? point is we're back to the ps1 days of load times outchea

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Horizon rarely has to load. It has a load time when you start the game that is acceptable and a short load time when you fast travel. WAY shorter than the fast travel load times of skyrim or fallout. Otherwise the game doesn't load at all during game play regardless of where you go.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Load times is a straight bytch but I don't think you nikkas remember them load times back in those days.

Go pop in something like Legacy of Kain, Crash Bandicoot on the PS2, Jade Empire, or Smackdown on PS2.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Lotta data being processed for these new games. Read/write speeds have not really improved:manny:
Hard Drive technology has peaked and people have moved on to faster solutions. The answer is an SSHD or SSD as these consoles are not going to support Intel Optane technology.

I am hopeful that there is an outside shot that the Scorpio comes with a 512GB SSD as the prices have come down considerably. Still a little too high for a console however.