Whats gon happen to sports once designer babies start poppin off?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dunno how much ya'll keep up with this, but most scientists think that we're 10-20 years tops away from parents basically getting to choose everything about their kids genetic makeup. It'll start off with parents trying to make sure their kids don't get diseases that are passed genetically. But soon after everything from height, hair, skin color, eyes, intelligence, athletic ability, etc. will be on the table. Parents will be able to make the perfect kid. Perfect looks. Perfect mind. Perfect body.

And lets keep it 100. What makes most of the top athletes great is pure genetic luck. If LeBron didn't have his freakish size, speed, strength, and leaping ability, he wouldn't be who he is. Same with Durant. If he wasn't 7 feet tall with a 7'5" wingspan and crazy dexterity and mobility, he wouldn't be who he is.

So I'm wondering, whats gon happen to sports when EVERYONE in the world can be a freak athlete not just a lucky few? Will we even want to watch natural humans go at it on the court when we know 5 year old Johnny round the corner has the perfect genes and can dunk on a 20 foot hoop?

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i think this is one of those situations where we'll cross that bridge when we get there bruh

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
another one star thread from the WOAT, how do you do it?
I usually stay away from his thread but this got me thinking a lil bit.

Actually it's a pretty interesting concept. I don't know how far away we are from that or if we will even get there but what if it were possible? :ohhh:

Like, everyone is special, therefore no one is special.

Oh shyt... :ohhh:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I usually stay away from his thread but this got me thinking a lil bit.

Actually it's a pretty interesting concept. I don't know how far away we are from that or if we will even get there but what if it were possible? :ohhh:

Like, everyone is special, therefore no one is special.

Oh shyt... :ohhh:

it would be crazy. a bunch of cyborgs playing sports. nikkas would be so disposable

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i came in here expecting a paragraph about how the next generation of kids are gonna be clothing designers :russ: im an idiot