What makes someone "Lyrically" nice to you?

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Bars, punchlines & Delivery needs to be on point to be lyrical

Cause everyone has an opinion on what "lyrical" is

Dude above has Lupe for example, that's lyrical

A rapper that's not lyrical is Gucci Mane, cause he can't deliver, punch and he's got no bars

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
to me it is about the technically of it in other words it is about how u say it and not what u are saying

dudes like gucci mane and soulja boy are not lyrical imo

but dudes like nas ras kass eminem big l makaveli are lyrical imo

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
In no order:

1. Rhyme Schemes- hard to explain exactly what that is, but just the way the rapper puts their words together including the words they use, patterns, internal rhymes their breath control, stretching words to make them fit...shyt like that
Example: Redman first line on Brick City Mashin when he says "Look around your seats do you see anybody weirder than me, when I find him I'ma try and fry him like the grill at Benihanas till he prove how to be an MC"

2. Multis- People clown the lyrical, miracle, spiritual shyt but I don't give a fukk. Multis will always be great. Even if a rapper is saying some bullshyt just to make the multi work...thats the whole point.
Example: Pick any great Eminem, Cam or Big Pun verse

3. Mic Presence/Personality- Also hard to explain but being able to "feel" a rappers personality/character just by listening to them without seeing a video or a picture, or knowing how they dress,who they fukked or who they shot. It could be humor, intelligence, demonicness, ignorance, weirdness whatever as long as it holds my interest and isn't cliche
Example: Prodigy, DMX, Scarface, Too Short, every Wu member, too many to name...pretty much every great rapper has this and almost every wack rapper lacks this.

shyt that doesn't Impress me:

Puns/Punchlines/Homophones- Anything that depends on one word sounding similar to another word. If it isn't helping one of the 3 things listed above, I do not care how clever it is.

Example: "In the mall I balled (bald) like chemo"

Last edited:

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
In no order:

1. Rhyme Schemes- hard to explain exactly what that is, but just the way the rapper puts their words together including the words they use, patterns, internal rhymes their breath control, stretching words to make them fit...shyt like that
Example: Redman first line on Brick City Mashin when he says "Look around your seats do you see anybody weirder than me, when I find him I'ma try and fry him like the grill at Benihanas till he prove how to be an MC"

2. Multis- People clown the lyrical, miracle, spiritual shyt but I don't give a fukk. Multis will always be great. Even if a rapper is saying some bullshyt just to make the multi work...thats the whole point.
Example: Pick any great Eminem, Cam or Big Pun verse

3. Mic Presence/Personality- Also hard to explain but being able to "feel" a rappers personality/character just by listening to them without seeing a video or a picture, or knowing how they dress or who they fukked. It could be humor, intelligence, demonicness, ignorance, weirdness whatever as long as it holds my interest and isn't cliche
Example: Prodigy, DMX, Scarface, Too Short, too many to name...pretty much every great rapper has this and almost every wack rapper lacks this.

shyt that doesn't Impress me:

Puns/Punchlines/Homophones- Anything that depends on one word sounding similar to another word. If it isn't helping one of the 3 things listed above, I do not care how clever it is.

Example: In the mall I balled (bald) like chemo

1. rhyme scheme is just the pattern of the rhyme the most basic rhyme scheme is aaaa

which is bomb on con don

2. multis i love them because rhyming more then one syllable is complex rhyming just one syllable is basic
example g rap eminem makaveli nas

3. flow bar measures vocal clarity bpms etc study music theory for that.

4. metaphors wordplay punchlines

similes etc don't impress me

content don't impress me

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
all rappers use lyrics. bein "lyrical" is selfish definition made up by fans. some raps are clever and storytelling but all rappers are lyrical to me :troll: even gabbage rappers
That's why I specified lyrically NICE. Because anyone who writes lyrics is technically a lyricist.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot, but the effectiveness of their word useage, vocabulary, articulation, writing techniques, poeticness, rhymes, metaphors, similes, creativity, how it make you feel, structure at times, making great songs with their lyrics. It's vast, absolutely vast. K-Rino probably the best famous lyricist I've heard. Pac is also underrated.