What are some overrated anime's in your opinion?

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I don't know about overrated but there are two franchises that I think have run their course......to the ground. I love both of them but they've overstayed their welcome

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
Neon Genesis - Fake deep with a whiny ass protagonist

One Piece - WTF animation with ridiculous characters
:shaq2: Op was goat at one point.

ne ways..
Bleach:scusthov:
naruto shippuden:rudy:

pokemon :russell:

dbz (after friezer saga) & dbs :camby:

Tokyo ghoul:camby:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
One Piece’s anime pacing is :hhh: now, but the manga is goatworthy. Once you get past the weird art style, One Piece has some of the goat adventures, humor, fights, world building, and foreshadowing of any series. One of the best shonen out there by far.

On topic...

Naruto- was great until they grew up, and then the series fell all the way off. The Uchihas took over the plot. Tactics and strategy took a back seat to overpowered DBZ style energy attacks. Naruto himself was ruined when they unveiled him as a “child of destiny” who was fated to save everyone, which totally invalidates he whole point of his character arc.

(I hate to say it) DBZ- not as overrated as Naruto, and is a classic series no doubt. But let’s keep it 100, if you’re seriously calling DBZ a top 1 anime ever made, you need to watch more anime. Also, it’s been the Goku and Vegeta show since the Buu saga. The series lowkey should have ended with Cell.

Death Note- The first half is goatworthy. The second half (after a significant character death), other hand... :patrice:
You just can’t replace L. Mello and Near were swagless in comparison.

Pokemon- 20 years later, Ash still hasn’t won a league? :camby:
To be fair though, once you’re old enough to figure out that he’s never gonna catch ‘em all, it’s probably time to i stop watching Pokémon anyway. They should have followed the formula of the manga, where characters would come in, accomplish their goals, move on, and we’d get new/different main characters every so often.

Semi-related: UC Gundam needs more love on the Coli, y’all. Everybody marks out over Wing and G Gundam, but not many people have a lot to say about the OG Gundam universe and all of the :wow::gladbron::whoo::to::sadbron::ohlawd: Moments it had.
(0080 spoilers)
Bernie :mjcry: