Warriors Come Out And Play: Russo Brothers Bringing The Warriors To TV

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
EXCLUSIVE: The Russo Brothers are taking a breather from the Marvel world to adapt cult classic film The Warriors as a one-hour drama with Paramount TV and Hulu. The brothers will re-imagine Walter Hill’s iconic 1979 film, itself an adaptation of Richard Price’s classic novel of the same name. Their take will honor the original film while adding its own unique brand of grit, pulp, sex and violence. The Russo brothers will team with writer Frank Baldwin on the series. There is no director attached yet.

The Russo Brothers Adapting Cult Classic Gang Film ‘The Warriors’ For TV With Paramount And Hulu

:mj:

tumblr_mut57zHJFv1s3rlr2o1_400.gif

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
I'd rather this than they bring it back to the big screen for real. I think it would lend itself to long form storytelling depending on the approach obviously

I agree but i don't want to get too excited because the Warriors is my top 5 movie of all time. I trust the Russo brothers but to make it into a sustaining series is questionable.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I agree but i don't want to get too excited because the Warriors is my top 5 movie of all time. I trust the Russo brothers but to make it into a sustaining series is questionable.

Yup depends on how it goes. I really can't see it going for more than a season IF they simply use the movie. But of course I'm sure the first season would be the movie, 24 style, where it takes place over one day or a few hours. The next season could be more about gang politics, and the sex and the violence and the inner workings of gang culture within that world. More explorations of the different gangs, like an entire episode focused on the baseball furies, backstory on Cyrus etc