Vulgarity killed RnB

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps

this is a good song. when i heard it, i was like :leon:

then the chorus comes on, and he says let me fukk you back to sleep:childplease:

why not come up with something better? it's just cursing for no reason. Brown has a lot of songs that would be good withoutthat shyt. Same with Bryson Tiller cursing up a storm. Why?

BBG

Superstar
Daps
:childplease:Vulgarity is only a problem for you dusty nikkas tryna fukk old hoes that like to pretend they too good to get fukked to some "she pop that p*ssy on a moooondayyyyyy"

All the young bytches eat that shyt up. Y'all crying talking about vulgarity but if the hoes still letting us run through em when the cuts come on then what the fukk is really the problem? :dahell:

Stop chasing Mary-Jean n get you a LaShay :whew:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps

this is a good song. when i heard it, i was like :leon:

then the chorus comes on, and he says let me fukk you back to sleep:childplease:

why not come up with something better? it's just cursing for no reason. Brown has a lot of songs that would be good withoutthat shyt. Same with Bryson Tiller cursing up a storm. Why?

cornball antics, shallow plodding music and faux edginess killed RnB

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Good thread.

When you grew up on R&B, you definitely started seeing the difference in how the songs were being made. I remember when it was mad rare to hear a curse word on an R&B record. Jodeci was considered to be on the edgier side of R&B, and you'd rarely hear them curse on the albums. The emotion of what R&B was before, is kinda gone now. It's more like slower Hip Hop records with dudes who can't sing.