Very Important Thread: BLACKS MUST GAIN CONTROL OF OUR OWN IMAGE!!!!!!!!!

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Lets all imagine a society where blacks actually controlled our own image in the mainstream media. Everytime we turned on our t.v's we were flooded with positive images of people that looks like us. Everytime we ride on the interstates and highways we see billboards of black lawyers, doctors, etc. Instead of buffoon rappers being our main representation:

RickRoss_RickDiamond.jpg
bt893pv6mjbefvhfysvl.jpg

Gucci-mane-guns.png
sagging-pants.jpg

We would see a more TRUE reflection of your average black person and also more images for the youth to look up to that they hardly ever see currently besides athletes and rappers:

3866811a0fb059d23af7b522ba046d23.jpg

y6d3b7abkoqg0moxgwdn.jpg
black_lawyers_group_shot.jpg

cornwell1.jpg

LIST_DOCTORS.jpg
tumblr_nm1eobHo941u8ohcho1_500.jpg

and the majority of images we see of whites/nonblacks were
c831498d0c5453e16399e7d408394273.jpg

200px-Wigger_stomach_tattoo.jpg
x209vh0
DIRTY_phpzc7MX5.jpg

sag-pants.jpg
jpeg1.jpg

PbxlkwoUljAD.jpg

Right now, the pics of whites are a reality for black people. These are the main types of images that are being flooded in the media of blacks. The pants sagging, weed smoking, gun-toting thug.

Blacks having little to no control of our own image is one of our biggest weaknesses.

We MUST somehow gain control of our own image. Its crazy when you think about it, yet most of us dont. Not having control over our image ties directly to our own racial-pride and collective self-esteem as a people. It affects how we feel about ourselves and each other. It influences the futures of the youth. If little black boys and girls dont see positive images of themselves, it limits their "circumference of awareness", meaning that the body cant do what the mind doesnt know even exists.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll never forget my boy's Korean GF saying her grandma, who had never actually met a black person, was afraid of black people because of the images that get pumped into South Korea via syndicated US shows.

We give the shyt a pass at our own peril.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I'll never forget my boy's Korean GF saying her grandma, who had never actually met a black person, was afraid of black people because of the images that get pumped into South Korea via syndicated US shows.

We give the shyt a pass at our own peril.

Black people have bought into the idea that "it's just entertainment"

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
This is the age of information in America. Your point might have some merit in locations where ppl have restricted control over media they consume, but Americans have more access to books, Internet service, smart phones, etc. Anybody who wants to see a varied image of black ppl can certainly do so. Anyone too lazy to do a simple Google search of black lawyers or black doctors, etc. Isn't truly interested in challenging their beliefs

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
thats all i see in my hood
That's fine, but know that what you see is only the tip of the iceberg. The whole spectrum has to be seen so we can have a greater awareness of the goals that we can achieve.

There's a new generation of black people that grew up with a black president. They now know that it can be a possibility for them too.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin