June 4, 2016 | 2:12am

Modal Trigger
Assata Shakur - the former Joanne Chesimard.Photo: AP
MORE ON:
JOANNE CHESIMARD
Hillary is fine with Obama opening up Cuba without return of cop killer

Meet the fugitive US terrorists sheltered by Cuba

Justice for one Jersey cop-killer --- and a challenge for Obama

Christie urges Port Authority to reject Newark-Cuba flights over cop-killer case
US and Cuban officials are reportedly discussing an exchange that could bring New Jersey cop killer Joanne Chesimard back to American soil.

The talks between the two countries, which have normalized diplomatic relations, could also send notorious Cuban spy Ana Montes back to the Caribbean nation, according to NBC.

“Cuba has been a haven for US fugitives,” a federal law-enforcement official told NBC.

Chesimard, a former Black Panther and an aunt of hip hop legend Tupac Shakur, escaped prison in 1979 after she was convicted of killing a New Jersey state trooper. She has been hiding out in Havana since the mid-1980s.

Chesimard, also known as Assata Shakur, is the only woman on the FBI’s list of most-wanted terrorists.

Montes had been a senior analyst for Cuban affairs with the Defense Intelligence Agency.

On Sept. 21, 2001, Montes was arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit espionage for Cuba.

She was sentenced to 25 years in prison and is scheduled to be sprung in 2023.

US and Cuba in talks to bring cop-killer back to America

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I would've thought she had left Cuba a long time ago, I guess not :snoop:

That's what she BEEN should have done. I would've have went to either Brazil, Mexico, a country in Africa(a one that is anti-West) or a country in the Middle East. Cuba is right under the monster that is the USA. Them getting her back was almost inevitable.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
yea definitely a country in Africa. Brazil/Mexico would probably sell her out in a new york minute

I heard a lot of criminals successfully escaped to Brazil or Mexico. IDK.

But Zimbabwe, Angola, North Sudan, Ivory Coast, Mozambique and maybe Ethiopia would be the go to countries in Africa I would escape to.

Also why didn't she change her name?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard a lot of criminals successfully escaped to Brazil or Mexico. IDK.

But Zimbabwe, Angola, North Sudan, Ivory Coast, Mozambique and maybe Ethiopia would be the go to countries in Africa I would escape to.

Also why didn't she change her name?
i think at the time it was safe for her to assume she'd be safe in cuba. honestly if our president was named mccain/clinton/romney the talks with cuba probably wouldn't have even opened up.

the difference with disappearing in brazil or mexico is that you really have to disappear. change your identity etc. in cuba she was safe to maintain her identity because cuba wasn't a US ally and would have protected her. since fidel is no longer making decisions though shyt is changing over there.