Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Olney: Glasnow's love of rap more than skin-deep

i

Tyler Glasnow played with Rodarrick Jones only briefly in the minor leagues, a handful of games in the short-season, New York-Penn League with the State College Spikes back in 2012. But Jones left a lasting imprint on the 6-foot-8 pitcher -- two, in fact.

Jones grew up in Louisiana and Glasnow in California, just north of Los Angeles. They bonded over a mutual love of rap music, although Jones teased Glasnow that given their very different backgrounds, Glasnow couldn’t possibly love it as much as Jones.
i

Tyler Glasnow's image of one of his favorite artists has worn down a bit. Jessica Mendoza/ESPN

So one offseason, Glasnow visited a tattoo artist, and on the inside of his lower lip he had two words drawn: "NO JUICE," the name of a song by Lil Boosie. And on the bottom of his right foot, he had the face of the rapper Ol' Dirty b*stard added. Jones burst out laughing when Glasnow told him what he had done.

You cannot see either tattoo unless Glasnow curls his lip or takes off his shoe. The ODB image has faded over time, under the weight of his 220 pounds.

As Glasnow detailed the background of his tattoos Saturday in advance of his start against the Mets on Sunday Night Baseball, he mentioned that when he first told his Mom about the body art, she had exclaimed that at the very least nobody could see them.

Until today, Glasnow said with a laugh.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Jim Harbaugh also loves rap music but thought Colin Kapernick kneeling down was stupid. Same with Michael Rappaport. It's a whole generation (multiple generations) of white people who love our music, love our slang/culture, and even chill with us. but couldn't give a fukk about our struggle.